This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apperantly vilgilantes came for that tackled Saudi national.

#21Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 4/18/2013 11:06:33 AM
EDIT: not that your point about the south taking more federal aid than the north in general is not true, but I object to the idea that that alone means the hospitals are worse.

I never claimed that ALL southern hospitals are crappier than all Northern ones. I made a generalization that wasn't supposed to be taken 100% literally. It should've been quite obvious, when I said "SOME crappy hospital" in "SOME southern or appalachian state".

I'm sure there are plenty of nice hospitals in liberal/moderate havens of Red States like Austin, Texas or advanced University hospitals in UNC/Duke, etc
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#22Bob_BobensteinPosted 4/18/2013 11:22:57 AM
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...
EDIT: not that your point about the south taking more federal aid than the north in general is not true, but I object to the idea that that alone means the hospitals are worse.

I never claimed that ALL southern hospitals are crappier than all Northern ones. I made a generalization that wasn't supposed to be taken 100% literally. It should've been quite obvious, when I said "SOME crappy hospital" in "SOME southern or appalachian state".

I'm sure there are plenty of nice hospitals in liberal/moderate havens of Red States like Austin, Texas or advanced University hospitals in UNC/Duke, etc

So what exactly is your point? The hypothetical situation you described, in which the bombing happened in some part of the South without good hospitals, would basically never happen. It's like hypothesizing about it happening in Amish Country in Pennsylvania. Most of the good-sized cities in the South have excellent healthcare, and rural areas do not have the population density/relevance to be targets.
#23Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 4/18/2013 11:26:03 AM
Most of the good-sized cities in the South have excellent healthcare,
Not in the poorer areas of the city
---
#24Bob_BobensteinPosted 4/18/2013 11:36:59 AM
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...
Most of the good-sized cities in the South have excellent healthcare,
Not in the poorer areas of the city

Oh, and there are cities anywhere in the country where poor people have more access to the very best healthcare in their city than poor people in the South do?

That's not a Southern issue, that's a poverty issue. Lots of poor people in the South do get treated at the best hospitals. Lots do not, and get treated at worse hospitals instead. Lots of poor people in Boston get treated at Harvard's hospitals. Lots do not, and get treated at worse hospitals instead.
#25Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 4/18/2013 11:41:29 AM
Oh, and there are cities anywhere in the country where poor people have more access to the very best healthcare in their city than poor people in the South do?

In most Blue States, the hospitals in poorer areas are better funded, because those particular states have higher taxes on the rich/businesses/property owners to pay for said funding. Additionally, there are more programs for preventative healthcare, thus improving the health of the poor.

This explains why Blue States typically rank much higher in terms of both healthcare and the overall health of their citizenry
---
#26NoName999(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:43:25 AM
Stop derailing the ****ing topic. Jesus Christ.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#27ncarbokPosted 4/18/2013 11:47:32 AM
BBT. Shut the f*** up.
---
Nighttime261 OG *is ncsnake**Hidden Samurai*
"[he's] got 99 problems and they all involve b*****s"- I Like Toast
#28mizukage2Posted 4/18/2013 11:48:29 AM
Guards should have been allowed to use the vigilantes as target practice, despicable garbage.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#29PhoenixWroggiPosted 4/18/2013 1:05:09 PM
ncarbok posted...
BBT. Shut the f*** up.