This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Couple seeks prayer instead of doctors for child. Child still dies.

#1SparksfanboyPosted 4/23/2013 10:30:39 AM
...and it's not the first child of theirs that this has happened with.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23/2nd-child-pa-couple-who-seek-prayer-not-doctors-dies-violates-probation-no/

A couple serving probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor could face new charges now that another son has died.
Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith healing. They lost their 8-month-old son, Brandon, last week after he suffered from diarrhea and breathing problems for at least a week, and stopped eating. Four years ago, another son died from bacterial pneumonia.

---
Proverbs 22:16 "A person who gets ahead by oppressing the poor or by showering gifts on the rich will end in poverty."
#2FunWithAFryPanPosted 4/23/2013 10:32:48 AM
Sounds like they'll be praying from a prison cell in the near future.
---
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.
#3CountDrugulaPosted 4/23/2013 10:34:30 AM
I'm reminded of Christian Science... what an absolute oxymoron
#4YermomHoudiniPosted 4/23/2013 10:37:53 AM(edited)
inb4fair,freedomofreligionfromconservative
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#5Lord Lu BuPosted 4/23/2013 10:37:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6TheRealJiraiyaPosted 4/23/2013 10:39:46 AM
Ill go ahead and tell this story, because it is good for these kinds of topics.

A man's house is burning down. He is standing on top praying for salvation. A fireman shows up on a ladder and is like "hey, Im here to save you, lets go" and the man is like "no Im trusting God to save me". He keeps praying and a dude in a helicopter shows up and is like "hey srsly we should go" and he is like "PRAYING"

He dies and gets to heaven and is like "Whats the deal, God? I prayed for you to save me. Why am I dead?". God was like "What? Didnt you get the fireman and helicopter I sent you?"

Trying to force God to answer your prayers miraculously is nothing short of telling God what to do, and putting him to the test.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#7DJStrongPosted 4/23/2013 10:44:26 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Ill go ahead and tell this story, because it is good for these kinds of topics.

A man's house is burning down. He is standing on top praying for salvation. A fireman shows up on a ladder and is like "hey, Im here to save you, lets go" and the man is like "no Im trusting God to save me". He keeps praying and a dude in a helicopter shows up and is like "hey srsly we should go" and he is like "PRAYING"

He dies and gets to heaven and is like "Whats the deal, God? I prayed for you to save me. Why am I dead?". God was like "What? Didnt you get the fireman and helicopter I sent you?"

Trying to force God to answer your prayers miraculously is nothing short of telling God what to do, and putting him to the test.

I've heard that one, but it was a dude on a sinking ship and three boats.

TC's story is a sad one.
---
"On the contrary my friend, we're going to live!"
#8CC RicersPosted 4/23/2013 10:48:09 AM

God probably sent all those smart people to medical and engineering schools so they can find cures and save other people.
---
with Santorum in the White House immoral acts like Sandy Hook and the Aurora Massacre would not have happened. -Bored troll looking to tango
#9mystic belmontPosted 4/23/2013 10:49:14 AM
I assume they will be charged with child neglect.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#10JohnnyTHM1212Posted 4/23/2013 10:49:47 AM
CC Ricers posted...

God probably sent all those smart people to medical and engineering schools so they can find cures and save other people.

That's generally what sane Christians believe. I mean if doctors curing patients isn't godly work I don't know what is.
---
He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth
His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak