This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dubya got his Presidential swag back: Approval ratings at a 7 year high of 47%

#11Sniper_BrosefPosted 4/25/2013 10:33:59 AM
CC Ricers posted...
Incidentally Obama recently gave his compliments to Bush. It seems true that regardless of your party everyone that has worked in the oval office after a while shares this "bond" with past presidents.

I think it truly takes one to know one in that respect. Candidates talk all kinds of trash and spin about how they would do thing differently and how the current president is a hack until they become president. They seem to quickly realize the difficulty of the position and seem to better understand the decisions that were previously made.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#12PhoenixWroggiPosted 4/25/2013 10:35:54 AM
The left wing media managed to fool the public into seeming that he's "dumb"(dude graduated from Yale and became the president)

Maybe he shouldn't have said a bunch of stupid things and hired lawyers from a horrible law school run by Christian fundamentalists.
#13DJStrongPosted 4/25/2013 10:37:01 AM
Well there is the undeniable fact that he got this country down a road it clearly has no intentions of deviating from, looking back I cannot say honestly if the alternatives would have been better (McCain, Gore, Kerry). When you look at the man in Macro it is easy to like him but once you start going through policy it is hard to find many things to like.

He is my favorite living ex-president, I can get behind that...
---
"On the contrary my friend, we're going to live!"
#14Gamer4ever77Posted 4/25/2013 10:37:37 AM
The only reason his approval rating is getting better is that he's not showing his damn face on TV anymore.
---
I will not change this until WWE brings back the KOTR PPV. {Started 2-1-10}
2012 Minnesota Vikings 10-6
#15Von23Posted 4/25/2013 10:37:50 AM
PhoenixWroggi posted...
The left wing media managed to fool the public into seeming that he's "dumb"(dude graduated from Yale and became the president)

Maybe he shouldn't have said a bunch of stupid things and hired lawyers from a horrible law school run by Christian fundamentalists.

Yet Obama does idiotic moves by the day and he isn't considered an idiot.
---
This ain't nothing like Kung-Fu more like watch what the Gun do.
#16Sir WillPosted 4/25/2013 10:38:02 AM
I'm sure he's a relatively nice guy (for a conservative). But he was still a horrible president.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#17DieKoogPosted 4/25/2013 10:38:26 AM
He's probably a decent enough individual, but his presidency was ruinous. He does get points for staying out of the spotlight, though.
---
"Do I preach to you while you're laying stoned in the gutter?" "No".
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/214/mastodoncomici.gif
#18PhoenixWroggiPosted 4/25/2013 10:38:40 AM
Oh right, you're a troll.
#19Von23Posted 4/25/2013 10:42:46 AM
PhoenixWroggi posted...
Oh right, you're a troll.

LOL right so when Obama co-ops a right wing good idea he he has peolple like you to say he's bowing down to the right wing.

Dubya frequently capitulated to the left wing on many issues. He actually tried to work with the other party to get stuff done socially.

I guess SNL and all those other hollywood losers shaped your brain like putty?
---
This ain't nothing like Kung-Fu more like watch what the Gun do.