This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: The government is responsible for fixing problems that it started.

#1CC RicersPosted 4/25/2013 11:27:45 AM
What do you think? Should it bear full responsibility as deserving of the consequences? Or does the private sector step in and say "I'll handle this, bub" and leave the government on "probation" for not being able to do the job well? Or does the implied authority depend on the situation?
---
with Santorum in the White House immoral acts like Sandy Hook and the Aurora Massacre would not have happened. -Bored troll looking to tango
#2chareyPosted 4/25/2013 1:49:22 PM
This isn't a hypothetical, you have cute story you are planning on dropping when someone answers the wrong way. Why don't you save everybody the time and just post the story now.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#3DragooneerZeroPosted 4/25/2013 2:13:41 PM
idk about in general, but the US government sure has an obligation to fix (i.e. find and remove) every single bit of unexploded ordinance they dropped on southeast asia during the vietnam war
---
Is there much left to enumerate? What won't idle, well-fed, unfeeling people invent?
http://www.last.fm/user/AniranC
#4bsballa09Posted 4/25/2013 4:18:32 PM
What was it that Powell said? "You break it, you own it."
---
Lololol @ the Seahawks choking.
#5LiquefyPosted 4/25/2013 4:55:05 PM
The government *IS* WE, THE PEOPLE. If the government is creating "problems," then WE, THE PEOPLE, act by either petitioning or by changing government via the voting booth.

WE, THE PEOPLE, are responsible for fixing "problems" started by government.