This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

California wants to put condoms in prisions

#1AntiFunPosted 4/29/2013 1:22:42 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2013/04/10/california-considers-plan-to-put-condoms-in-prisons/

This means that they acknowledge that sex happens in prisons and they want to cut down on aids transmission.
#2CC RicersPosted 4/29/2013 1:26:44 PM
As much as people like to make prison rape jokes, we have gotten to conditioned to thinking that rape in just something to expect in prisons, as if there's nothing wrong with it anymore.

Introducing condoms to prisons may not get to the root of the problem but it at least keeps them safer. Prisoners act like animals when we allow them to act like animals.
---
with Santorum in the White House immoral acts like Sandy Hook and the Aurora Massacre would not have happened. -Bored troll looking to tango
#3Valnor50Posted 4/29/2013 1:42:21 PM
How about some fleshlights?
#4EastsideslingerPosted 4/29/2013 1:43:00 PM
I don't see why this could be a bad thing. Considering that people assume inmates are living in gilded mansions and eat caviar on their plush goose down mattresses on the everyman's dime, I rather like the idea of keeping medical costs for inmates with life sentences who need expensive medical treatment for STDs down to a minimum.
---
"That's Mushy Snugglebites' badonkadonk. She's my main squeeze. Lady's got a gut fulla' dynamite and a booty like POOOW!" - Tiny Tina
#5azuresou1Posted 4/29/2013 2:35:51 PM
Not a fan - seems like this is acknowledging that it's okay for prisoners to be raped by other prisoners, as long as no STDs are passed.
---
Face it, Blake Griffin is more a SF than (Rashard) Lewis is - Bullet_Proof_18
Formerly Known As SSJ5Vegeta
#6General_JumaPosted 4/29/2013 2:53:46 PM
...I saw the topic title and imagined condoms in prison uniform
---
Not comic - animated. For eight years America was ruled by Pinky and the Brain.-Thanatos the Great
#7StarksPosted 4/29/2013 3:02:04 PM
How about some fleshlights?

they already have "fifi"
---
Your resident Windows and Linux dual-boot gamer pal
#otchat on Rizon
#8dahorosPosted 4/29/2013 3:10:15 PM
I guess this is a good idea. I never really thought about the STD transmission. As if rape wasn't bad enough.
#9KnavePosted 4/29/2013 3:14:51 PM
Pointless IMO.

Minimal impact on STD transmission in a prison setting.

Creates an issue of using them to smuggle contraband and other nefarious purposes.
#10Evil Genius 9Posted 4/29/2013 3:22:30 PM
Apparently you guys are unaware that a lot of the sex that goes on in prison is actually consensual.

---
---