This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Zimmerman waives stand your ground.

#21Mr SandbagPosted 4/30/2013 11:28:26 PM
TRJ seems to think that getting out of a car to follow a suspicious person makes it ok to get beat to death without defending yourself.

TRJ also seems to think that having this pro murder view isn't trolling.
---
got sand?
#22Vampiro RagePosted 4/30/2013 11:28:47 PM
Do we know exactly what Trayvon would have done? No we don't but being put in that situation would put anyone on edge.
---
Impact Wrestling! Best wrestling on TV!
---
#23lastheroPosted 4/30/2013 11:35:34 PM
Mr Sandbag posted...
TRJ seems to think that getting out of a car to follow a suspicious person makes it ok to get beat to death without defending yourself.

TRJ also seems to think that having this pro murder view isn't trolling.

No, he doesn't. And if you genuinely think that's what he means, then you're being deliberately obtuse.

At the end of the day, no matter how you spin it, Zimmerman had no business getting out of the car. He's not a police officer. He had no right to act in that capacity.

And, you have absolutely no basis to say Zimmerman's life was in mortal danger. Even at the worst, there's nothing to suggest that Trayvon was even physically capable of beating someone to DEATH. Was Zimmerman getting his ass kicked? Sure. Was he in mortal danger? No.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#24LightSnakePosted 4/30/2013 11:57:12 PM
Kid who is doing nothing wrong (and is somehow 'acting suspicious' when he's doing nothing more than wearing a hooded sweatshirt and walking at night) is chased down by an armed man who confronts him. Zimmerman's 'horrible, life threatening injuries' somehow don't require a hospital and appear to be nothing worse than "I got my ass kicked for confronting someone I had no business confronting"...

After this, George Zimmerman alters his story like four-five times, claiming Trayvon was now beating his head on the pavement while spouting cliche movie villain lines while simultaneously reaching for his gun, forcing George Zimmerman to shoot him dead.

George Zimmerman with a history of bad behavior, who says things like "it was what god intended to happen", who continuously presents his story in the light most favorable to himself when he was the one who shot an unarmed teenager and later lied to a judge, while continuously painting himself as the villain.

**** George Zimmerman.

And **** the racist enablers who ensure he'll probably beat this. The only reason you people adhere to this so strongly is a burning desire to defend a man from shooting a 'threatening' black teenager
---
"An Emperor should die on his feet." -Titus Flavius Vespasianus.
#25Heineken14Posted 5/1/2013 4:26:04 AM
Quote:I know he is not getting convicted of murder.
@Evil Genius 9

Well he got the crap beat out of him and had to shoot in self defense.*

*because he started an altercation.

Deeerrrrrppppp
---
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
#26Heineken14Posted 5/1/2013 4:28:21 AM
Do we know exactly what Trayvon would have done? No we don't but being put in that situation would put anyone on edge.

Exactly. If some racist douche nozzle was following me around at night waving a gun around I'd be on edge too! Glad you finally came to your senses and are no longer being a pathetic User of Differing Opinion™.
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic
#27JimayoPosted 5/1/2013 4:37:52 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Jimayo posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Duh... because he isnt protected under Stand Your Ground, and anyone who thinks so doesnt understand the law.

Like the cops and judges that have already let similar situations go under stand your ground?

Differs from state to state, but from what I remember of FL SYG, the fact that he got out of the vehicle and pursued removed that defense

It should, technically. But that doesn't mean it has in practice been interpreted that way(which is really what matters).
---
261 - More troll food per square inch than any other board on the net.
#28Twin3TurboPosted 5/1/2013 5:14:11 AM
Tw1L1ghtSparkl3 posted...
Quote:Mr Sandbag posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Jimayo posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Duh... because he isnt protected under Stand Your Ground, and anyone who thinks so doesnt understand the law.

Like the cops and judges that have already let similar situations go under stand your ground?

Differs from state to state, but from what I remember of FL SYG, the fact that he got out of the vehicle and pursued removed that defense

You remember wrong, troll.

Wow I have never been called a troll before, what a strange day this has been

@TheRealJiraiya

You have, just by leftists.

Anyway you seem to have forgotten Zimm's horrible injuries when he was beaten.

Why do people always act like since Zimmerman had injuries, he was automatically totally just in shooting Trayvon?
---
http://i.imgur.com/IqsR3oE.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RYjbg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PSNL6.png http://i.imgur.com/wYXOwfE.jpg
#29RRtexasranger13Posted 5/1/2013 5:41:00 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...

No. That isn't why he's doing it. He's still using Stand Your Ground as his defense.

The decision not to ask for an immunity hearing, which Zimmerman announced while standing in a Sanford, Fla., courtroom and answering Judge Debra Nelson in a soft-spoken voice, applies only before trial. Coffey still expects “stand your ground” to be the linchpin of Zimmerman’s defense once the trial begins.

This is why he's doing it:

The risk in pursuing immunity at this point, NBC News legal analyst Kendall Coffey said, is that Zimmerman could have lost before the judge, creating a strike against him in the minds of potential jurors who are following the case. And in the Trayvon Martin case, which goes to trial June 10, finding an impartial jury will be a monumental task as it is.

The defense doesn't want to (a) Plead his case before a judge, and lose. Which would then make him look very bad in front of a jury. And (b) By pleading his case in an immunity hearing, the defense would basically be giving away their entire argument, so if by chance he loses the trial in front of the judge, the prosecutors will be given a sneak peak of his defense arguments, and will be able to hammer him in front of a jury.

This is all just courtroom politics and tactics.
---
Politics is weird. And Creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. - Shepard Smith
Rubio 2016
#30Flaming_Fire619Posted 5/1/2013 6:13:41 AM
Twin3Turbo posted...
Tw1L1ghtSparkl3 posted...

You have, just by leftists.

Anyway you seem to have forgotten Zimm's horrible injuries when he was beaten.

Why do people always act like since Zimmerman had injuries, he was automatically totally just in shooting Trayvon?

I don't like to play this card a lot, but it's a MLP account name using L33T typing. Are you really questioning this?

The only injuries I've seen are head injuries in the back of his head, which look more like scrapes than anything that would make me think he was "beaten". And even then, Zimmerman is going to have to have a damn good explanation as to why he left the car and is now arguing that he was justified in Stand Your Ground. But we'll see, he probably has areally good lawyer.
---
Not changing until Shelton Benjamin wins the WHC Started: Jan. 10. 2009
http://myanimelist.net/profile/fantheflames