This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FDA approves Plan B for girls as young as 15 without prescription.

#1Zero_DestroyerPosted 4/30/2013 8:46:37 PM
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/30/17989156-fda-approves-plan-b-one-step-for-girls-15-and-older-without-prescription?lite

One step forward.
---
The Official Shiek Mainer in SSBB.
I am ZERO! The deck maker o' DOOM!
#2YouAreCrumbsPosted 4/30/2013 8:47:28 PM
but if people are allowed to take plan b they won't have to suffer for the ungodly mistake of intercourse!
---
joey444
We elect Obama and all the capitalists will be executed. This is a legitimate concern of mine. - OMGWTFPIE, 2011
#3Zero_Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:52:25 PM
YouAreCrumbs posted...
but if people are allowed to take plan b they won't have to suffer for the ungodly mistake of intercourse!

I'm aware you're joking, but in all seriousness, social conservatives with that sort of "You should take responsibility and give birth!" mentality aren't thinking of the child at all yet claim to be pro-life.
---
#4mrplainswalkerPosted 4/30/2013 8:56:02 PM
The best litmus test for a pro-lifer is to ask them what the penalty should be for a woman who gets an abortion (Plan-B in this case).
---
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica
#5Evil Genius 9Posted 4/30/2013 8:56:51 PM(edited)
Ironically, a lot of the girls who need this have crazy religious parents who would kill them for even talking about sex.

---
Every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.
-- Dave Chappelle
#6Pope_ManadontiPosted 4/30/2013 8:57:43 PM
Two steps forward actually, given how american taboos die old deaths
#7Zero_Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:59:02 PM
Pope_Manadonti posted...
Two steps forward actually, given how american taboos die old deaths

Ooo, this is true
---
#8PhoroPosted 4/30/2013 9:04:24 PM
Very good news. This means fewer broken families, less welfare, less (actual) abortions, and a chance for more would-be mothers to receive an education after high-school.
---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#9AngelicTouch99Posted 4/30/2013 9:17:08 PM
Expected some lame comment about family values
---
http://i.imgur.com/LiaOVGS.gif
#10CountPopeulaPosted 4/30/2013 9:43:05 PM
Still not in line with a federal judge ruling that it be available without a prescription period, though. I don't think this will settle the matter. Drugs shouldn't be made prescription only for political reasons.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire