This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've got a bone to pick with you Republicans / conservatives in general

#1FindKenshiPosted 4/30/2013 10:30:16 PM
I am active duty US military (enlisted), and I am NOT a conservative. I realize 90% of my peers vote straight Republican for no better reason than they are the political party which is always trying to give us a bigger pay check.

Me? I'm not so easily swayed

I voted for Gary Johnson in the last election. I loudly and vocally argue for marijuana legalization any chance I get, much to my superiors' disdain. (Ain't illegal to talk about legalization, so long as I don't publicly endorse it in uniform.. I 100% support CHANGING the laws and NOT breaking the laws) I believe in the Affordable Health Care Act.

I think Republicans are some of the worst people out there, and most conservatives in general, really just irritate me, they tend to be ignorant and cruel. I cringe whenever I hear them going on about "support our troops" on the radio. As if... but their rich children will never be in the military under any circumstances.

I really am the polar opposite of what most of these conservatives believe we service members are... please stop using us for your agendas. If you want to "support our troops" stop sending us into petty wars for corporate interests... bring us home, and secure our border.
---
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012
#2Tw1L1ghtSparkl3Posted 4/30/2013 10:32:46 PM
Sounds like you would rather live easy on someone else's dime than work hard yourself.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#3FindKenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:33:45 PM
Tw1L1ghtSparkl3 posted...
Sounds like you would rather live easy on someone else's dime than work hard yourself.

What's that? Sorry, I couldn't hear you--too busy defending your freedom.
---
17 JAN 2012
#4Tw1L1ghtSparkl3Posted 4/30/2013 10:34:59 PM
I must admit you did the right thing by enlisting rather than live on welfare like a bum.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5Denver_REXcosPosted 4/30/2013 10:35:06 PM
FindKenshi posted...
I am active duty US military (enlisted), and I am NOT a conservative. I realize 90% of my peers vote straight Republican for no better reason than they are the political party which is always trying to give us a bigger pay check.

Wrong.

They'd spew some bulls*** about the glorious free market while they conjure up ideas on how to slash your salary and eliminate your benefits so they can pocket any potential profits.
---
And when I get that feeling, I want REXual healing.
#6Mr SandbagPosted 4/30/2013 10:35:12 PM
Trolls out in full force tonight. What I don't get is why would someone type up such a long post and then throw in a bunch of obvious trolling statements. Awful lot of work to troll.
---
got sand?
#7FindKenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:37:32 PM
Mr Sandbag posted...
Trolls out in full force tonight. What I don't get is why would someone type up such a long post and then throw in a bunch of obvious trolling statements. Awful lot of work to troll.

So outraged my positions, you literally refuse to acknowledge that this is a legitimate post. I can almost hear your mind rejecting this. "What!? A military guy that wants pot legalized? HE DOESN'T VOTE REPUBLICAN!? TROLL TROLL TROOOLLLLLLLLL"
---
17 JAN 2012
#8FindKenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:39:08 PM
And you know what's ironic? Most conservatives have that same reaction as sandbag.. I called a conservative talk radio program and went on a similar rant, they guy cut me off and was like "I bet you're not really even in the military", and started trash talking me, but had me on mute (I wasn't able to speak), but they were playing it up like I was still on the line.

I just got a good laugh about it
---
17 JAN 2012
#9chaoslordisgoodPosted 4/30/2013 10:44:28 PM
FindKenshi posted...
If you want to "support our troops" stop sending us into petty wars for corporate interests... bring us home, and secure our border.

If your life and death didn't serve our nation's geopolitical interests, you wouldn't be in the military at all. The only way to support our troops is to send them to die, because we wouldn't have them otherwise.
---
Lik-Sang was a criminal organization - C4111
#10Coffee_HousePosted 4/30/2013 10:48:04 PM
The Affordable Care Act is actually making health care skyrocket. Get your facts straight if you are voting Gary Johnson, who is against Obamacare.

And no, you are NOT defending my freedom by supporting Obama and his warmongering.