This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gun rights advocates are now 'exploiting' Native Americans for their agenda...

#1Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 5/1/2013 6:20:11 AM(edited)
http://news.yahoo.com/pro-gun-native-american-billboard-draws-criticism-163833535.html

Excerpt:
Pro-gun Native American billboard draws criticism
GREELEY, Colo. (AP) Two billboards in which images of Native Americans are used to make a gun rights argument are causing a stir with some Colorado residents who say the image is offensive and insensitive. The billboards in this northern Colorado city show three men dressed in traditional Native American attire and the words "Turn in your arms. The government will take care of you."

Matt Wells, an account executive with Lamar Advertising in Denver, said Monday that a group of local residents purchased the space. "They have asked to remain anonymous," he said. He also refused to disclose the cost but said the billboards are only appearing in the Greeley area. Wells said he has not received any complaints so far.

I don't recall many present-day Native Americans advocating against gun control on US soil
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#2Nitro378Posted 5/1/2013 7:21:00 AM
I like how people with guns are now somehow the historical defenders of native Americans.
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/Tails82x/SFD/sadchromeo6.png
#3PhoenixWroggiPosted 5/1/2013 7:29:38 AM
Wait is he saying that the US government is responsible for every murder of an Indian during the history of the colonization of America? Or that if Indians had guns they would be safe from the evil government?
#4Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 8:15:01 AM
What's this? BBT being a hypocrite?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/65957009

Stop acting like the politicans are 'manipulating' the Newtown victims. Stricter gun control is something that the victims clearly want and are BEGGING and PLEADING politicians to pass.

Could I not warp this statement here to fit my own agenda? I could but then I'd be no better than you...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#5Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:19:19 AM
Could I not warp this statement here to fit my own agenda? I could but then I'd be no better than you...
Newtown victims are at the forefront of gun control advocacy and have certainly been among the loudest and most enthusiastic for their support. They've spoken for themselves and they WANT gun control.

Now please show me all of the Native Americans that are actively advocating against gun control in American states.

Do you even understand what they word hypocrisy means
?
---
#6Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 8:23:04 AM
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...
Newtown victims are at the forefront of gun control advocacy and have certainly been among the loudest and most enthusiastic for their support. They've spoken for themselves and they WANT gun control.

Now please show me all of the Native Americans that are actively advocating against gun control in American states.

Do you even understand what they word hypocrisy means
?

So using a tragedy to promote an agenda isn't the same as using a tragedy to promote an agenda? Interesting... Thanks for the clarification BBT!
---
#7NoName999Posted 5/1/2013 8:25:59 AM
If they're really pulling the "government systematically ****ed your demographic" card then that means everyone except rich, straight, white males should get a gun.

LOL I doubt the guys who made that billboard truly care about the plight of today's Native Americans. They just wanna sell more guns.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#8Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:28:09 AM
So using a tragedy to promote an agenda isn't the same as using a tragedy to promote an agenda? Interesting... Thanks for the clarification BBT!

So are you saying that the victim are exploiting themselves
?
---
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 8:39:34 AM(edited)
NoName999 posted...
If they're really pulling the "government systematically ****ed your demographic" card then that means everyone except rich, straight, white males should get a gun.

LOL I doubt the guys who made that billboard truly care about the plight of today's Native Americans. They just wanna sell more guns.

I'm sure that's it... I'm sure there is no other explanation. An explanation like Maybe they're trying to match the emotional appeal of the gun control movement. certainly makes no sense at all...

I should also say that I in no way support the use of this message unless Native American's themselves endorsed the billboard. This is just as disgusting, to me, as using the emotions of family members of Newtown victims to promote gun control. However, I'm not going to sit here and say that Obama doesn't really care about the Newtown victim's, like you did with the backers of this billboard, because it's unfounded.

Barenziah Boy Toy posted...

So are you saying that the victim are exploiting themselves
?

Riiiiight... Because Mr. Mattioli, father of a Newtown victim, was given the same speech opportunity as that lady right? Seriously BBT, you're a hypocrite here... At least own up to it.
---
#10Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:42:21 AM
I should also say that I in no way support the use of this message unless Native American's themselves endorsed the billboard. This is just as disgusting, to me, as using the emotions of family members of Newtown victims to promote gun control.

I ask again, how exactly is anyone 'using' the victims, if the victims THEMSELVES, are the ones that want gun control THE MOST.

Or, are you trying to imply that the victims are 'using' themselves?

Are you saying that it's disgusting that the victims of gun violence are using themselves to promote their disgusting agenda
?
---