This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gun rights advocates are now 'exploiting' Native Americans for their agenda...

#11Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:44:20 AM
Because Mr. Mattioli, father of a Newtown victim, was given the same speech opportunity as that lady right?
He was given plenty of opportunities by Republicans to say his piece.

It's not my fault that the President decided to showcase the prominent position among the vast majority of Newtown gun victims instead of one tiny dissenting opinion that already got showcased in other venues
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#12Heineken14Posted 5/1/2013 8:46:23 AM
PhoenixWroggi posted...
Wait is he saying that the US government is responsible for every murder of an Indian during the history of the colonization of America? Or that if Indians had guns they would be safe from the evil government?

Why can't it be both? If the Indians had guns they would have stood up to Big Gubment and then they would have created a beautiful libertarian utopia where government doesn't exist and everyone would have guns!
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
#13Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 8:54:21 AM
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...
I should also say that I in no way support the use of this message unless Native American's themselves endorsed the billboard. This is just as disgusting, to me, as using the emotions of family members of Newtown victims to promote gun control.

I ask again, how exactly is anyone 'using' the victims, if the victims THEMSELVES, are the ones that want gun control THE MOST.

Or, are you trying to imply that the victims are 'using' themselves?

Are you saying that it's disgusting that the victims of gun violence are using themselves to promote their disgusting agenda
?

Mr. Mattioli, father of a Newtown victim, doesn't want more gun control and yet was not afforded the same speech opportunity as Obama afforded the other lady. An address to the nation to plead for more gun control during a time when Obama, a proponent of gun control, is scheduled to speak and you can't see how the tragedy is being used? Oh, I forgot, you don't agree with his message so it doesn't matter...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#14mgtonvac55Posted 5/1/2013 9:15:29 AM
So using a tragedy to promote an agenda isn't the same as using a tragedy to promote an agenda? Interesting... Thanks for the clarification BBT!

I still can't tell if you go out of your way to respond to things people never said or if you actually don't understand what they're saying.
---
New York Yankees 15-10
Go Knicks!
#15Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 9:22:39 AM
mgtonvac55 posted...
So using a tragedy to promote an agenda isn't the same as using a tragedy to promote an agenda? Interesting... Thanks for the clarification BBT!

I still can't tell if you go out of your way to respond to things people never said or if you actually don't understand what they're saying.

BBT posts a topic praising the use of Newtown victim family member's emotions to promote gun control and then posts a topic bashing the use of Native American's being used to promote second amendment rights and you don't see the hypocrisy here?
---
#16mgtonvac55Posted 5/1/2013 9:36:34 AM
BBT posts a topic praising the use of Newtown victim family member's emotions to promote gun control and then posts a topic bashing the use of Native American's being used to promote second amendment rights and you don't see the hypocrisy here?

The difference, which he pointed out, is that the Newton victim's families (most of them) actually want stricter gun control themselves. They're not being used, they're the ones arguing for it and took advantage of the time they got with the President because the issue is so important to them. Whereas there aren't any Native Americans arguing for less strict gun control laws.

I guess the reason you don't understand is because you think the Newton families arguing for stricter gun control themselves is somehow them being used.

That's stupid.
---
New York Yankees 15-10
Go Knicks!
#17Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 9:49:38 AM
mgtonvac55 posted...

The difference, which he pointed out, is that the Newton victim's families (most of them) actually want stricter gun control themselves. They're not being used, they're the ones arguing for it and took advantage of the time they got with the President because the issue is so important to them. Whereas there aren't any Native Americans arguing for less strict gun control laws.

I guess the reason you don't understand is because you think the Newton families arguing for stricter gun control themselves is somehow them being used.

That's stupid.

Mattioli disagrees but he doesn't matter because it doesn't serve your point? Ok, let's assume that premise is true and they're emotions aren't being used to further the gun control movement. That argument fails still as you can't tell me, for a fact, whether or not the "majority" of Native American's would agree with the message on the billboard making your point irrelevant to begin with. This is hypocrisy,
---
#18NoName999Posted 5/1/2013 9:54:05 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that using an even where 20 or so dead people to promote a political agenda is nowhere near as insensitive/bad as using an event where SYSTEMATIC GENOCIDE happened to promote an agenda.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#19nocturnal travelerPosted 5/1/2013 10:03:39 AM
I don't get it. Is the billboard pro or anti gun control?
---
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
#20JVillJagsPosted 5/1/2013 10:05:46 AM
If Native Americans had guns maybe us white folk wouldn't have had such an easy time taking their land.
---
Brief Bio
25 year old grad student from Maine. Republican who watches sports and plays video games.