This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gun rights advocates are now 'exploiting' Native Americans for their agenda...

#21Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 10:13:59 AM(edited)
JVillJags posted...
If Native Americans had guns maybe us white folk wouldn't have had such an easy time taking their land.

Talk to Custer.

NoName999 posted...
Yeah I'm pretty sure that using an even where 20 or so dead people to promote a political agenda is nowhere near as insensitive/bad as using an event where SYSTEMATIC GENOCIDE happened to promote an agenda.

The degrees you guys go to defend an affront to the discussion on gun control just because it was made by your side is ridiculous! These are both terrible and BBT is a hypocrite.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#22Orwellian_ShadoPosted 5/1/2013 10:15:37 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Ok, let's assume that premise is true and they're emotions aren't being used to further the gun control movement. That argument fails still as you can't tell me, for a fact, whether or not the "majority" of Native American's would agree with the message on the billboard making your point irrelevant to begin with. This is hypocrisy,

The only hypocrisy is yours. In the first case, you say we need proof that Newtown victims want gun control. In the second case, you claim the people who bought the space don't need to prove anything.
#23NoName999Posted 5/1/2013 10:17:32 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
JVillJags posted...
If Native Americans had guns maybe us white folk wouldn't have had such an easy time taking their land.

Talk to Custer.

NoName999 posted...
Yeah I'm pretty sure that using an even where 20 or so dead people to promote a political agenda is nowhere near as insensitive/bad as using an event where SYSTEMATIC GENOCIDE happened to promote an agenda.

The degrees you guys go to defend an affront to the discussion on gun control just because it was made by your side is ridiculous! These are both terrible and BBT is a hypocrite.

You know, you never did answer my question on whether or not you support minorities forming militias (something that I flat out supported btw) thanks to the 2nd Amendment.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#24Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 10:27:20 AM
NoName999 posted...

You know, you never did answer my question on whether or not you support minorities forming militias (something that I flat out supported btw) thanks to the 2nd Amendment.

When did you pose this question to me? Regardless, I support anyone who lawfully exercises their rights.

Orwellian_Shado posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Ok, let's assume that premise is true and they're emotions aren't being used to further the gun control movement. That argument fails still as you can't tell me, for a fact, whether or not the "majority" of Native American's would agree with the message on the billboard making your point irrelevant to begin with. This is hypocrisy,

The only hypocrisy is yours. In the first case, you say we need proof that Newtown victims want gun control. In the second case, you claim the people who bought the space don't need to prove anything.

I never said we need proof that Newtown victims want gun control. This is an argument created BBT.
---
#25BeantownHeroPosted 5/1/2013 10:39:55 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
mgtonvac55 posted...
BBT posts a topic praising the use of Newtown victim family member's emotions to promote gun control and then posts a topic bashing the use of Native American's being used to promote second amendment rights and you don't see the hypocrisy here?

The difference, which he pointed out, is that the Newton victim's families (most of them) actually want stricter gun control themselves. They're not being used, they're the ones arguing for it and took advantage of the time they got with the President because the issue is so important to them. Whereas there aren't any Native Americans arguing for less strict gun control laws.

I guess the reason you don't understand is because you think the Newton families arguing for stricter gun control themselves is somehow them being used.

That's stupid.

That argument fails still as you can't tell me, for a fact, whether or not the "majority" of Native American's would agree with the message on the billboard making your point irrelevant to begin with. This is hypocrisy,

The majority of Newtown victims are advocating for stricter gun control. At this moment, we have no data to claim whether or not the majority of Native Americans support stricter gun control, so putting up an ad to suggest as such is being dishonest and pointing out this dishonesty is not hypocritical.
---
Google stock holmes syndrome, before you further show ignorance- beatbyagirl
#26Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 11:29:03 AM(edited)
BeantownHero posted...

The majority of Newtown victims are advocating for stricter gun control. At this moment, we have no data to claim whether or not the majority of Native Americans support stricter gun control, so putting up an ad to suggest as such is being dishonest and pointing out this dishonesty is not hypocritical.

Fair enough, but you also can't call it dishonest without having said data either. This is all irrelevant, however, as it doesn't matter if the victim is in agreement with the position because it's the emotion that is created when thinking about these two atrocities that is being used. So to call out one and praise the other is a huge hypocrisy.
---
#27mgtonvac55Posted 5/1/2013 11:52:11 AM
Mattioli disagrees but he doesn't matter because it doesn't serve your point?

See, if you actually read s*** you would have known I said most of them. And no, he doesn't matter. Not because he doesn't serve my point, but because that's not the point at all. The point is that the ones that are advocating for stricter gun control aren't being used like you seem to think they are, they're doing this of their own will. That this one guy disagrees with them doesn't matter in the slightest and it doesn't suddenly mean they're being used. I'm not sure why you're even pointing this guy out considering what we're actually talking about.

Ok, let's assume that premise is true and they're emotions aren't being used to further the gun control movement. That argument fails still as you can't tell me, for a fact, whether or not the "majority" of Native American's would agree with the message on the billboard making your point irrelevant to begin with.

Whether Native Americans would agree with the billboard is completely irrelevant. Again, the two situations are different. We don't have to assume that the Newton families aren't being used because most of them are advocating for stricter gun control themselves. They're using their own voices, nobody is speaking for them. The billboard, however, is not a group of Native Americans advocating for more lenient gun control by citing their tragic history. It's a group of idiots who don't understand history speaking for Native Americans. These two situations aren't the same.

This is hypocrisy,

That implies the situations are the same, which they're not.
---
New York Yankees 16-10
Go Knicks!
#28Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 12:21:08 PM
mgtonvac55 posted...
Mattioli disagrees but he doesn't matter because it doesn't serve your point?

See, if you actually read s*** you would have known I said most of them. And no, he doesn't matter. Not because he doesn't serve my point, but because that's not the point at all. The point is that the ones that are advocating for stricter gun control aren't being used like you seem to think they are, they're doing this of their own will. That this one guy disagrees with them doesn't matter in the slightest and it doesn't suddenly mean they're being used. I'm not sure why you're even pointing this guy out considering what we're actually talking about.

If they're not using the emotions of these victims then why didn't Mattioli get the same speaking opportunity? Exactly, that's because he doesn't serve the gun control agenda... It's a pretty simple idea to grasp.
---
#29goatthiefPosted 5/1/2013 12:28:23 PM
Thanks for saying what needed to be said Sniper bro.
---
*Steals your goats*
#30mgtonvac55Posted 5/1/2013 12:44:39 PM
If they're not using the emotions of these victims then why didn't Mattioli get the same speaking opportunity? Exactly, that's because he doesn't serve the gun control agenda... It's a pretty simple idea to grasp.

I'm glad you found the time to post letting me know you completely ignored everything I said. That definitely wasn't a waste of time.
---
New York Yankees 16-10
Go Knicks!