This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BPD: "Three additional suspects taken into custody in Marathon bombing case."

#1RRtexasranger13Posted 5/1/2013 7:13:20 AM
https://twitter.com/Boston_Police/status/329612972521558016

...details to follow"

Well, this got kind of interesting. Especially since they are identified as "suspects" and not "persons of interest" (implying they could just be for questioning or BDP thinks they might know something.)
---
Politics is weird. And Creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. - Shepard Smith
Rubio 2016
#2Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 7:16:28 AM
That's very interesting.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#3NoName999Posted 5/1/2013 7:18:30 AM
Gee I hope this doesn't get thrown out because Tsarnaev was denied an attorney when he asked for one.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#4Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/1/2013 7:21:47 AM
NoName999 posted...
Gee I hope this doesn't get thrown out because Tsarnaev was denied an attorney when he asked for one.

Good point. Although, didn't they claim to have legal precedent for why they didn't read his rights in the first place? Not saying what they did is right because it wasn't...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#5RRtexasranger13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 7:40:53 AM
Some more info.

BOSTON (CBS/AP) Boston police say three additional suspects have been taken into custody in Boston Marathon bombings investigation.

Their names have not been released. Police said more details will be released later today.

Sources told CBS News senior correspondent John Miller that investigators arrested three suspects for harboring or aiding the Tsarnaev brothers after the fact.

These will be federal charges, announced later.

They were not arrested in the city of Boston, but nearby, Miller reported. This is possibly connected to the house raided in New Bedford on the Friday after the bombing.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/01/police-3-additional-suspects-in-custody-in-boston-marathon-bombings-case/
---
Politics is weird. And Creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. - Shepard Smith
Rubio 2016
#6CC RicersPosted 5/1/2013 7:50:13 AM
Wasn't that one of his buddies that was in legal trouble before? Something to do with not having a visa.
---
with Santorum in the White House immoral acts like Sandy Hook and the Aurora Massacre would not have happened. -Bored troll looking to tango
#7RRtexasranger13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 7:57:38 AM
CC Ricers posted...
Wasn't that one of his buddies that was in legal trouble before? Something to do with not having a visa.

I don't know, so much misinformation was reported in the first week of the bombings that I don't know what is true and what turned out to be false.

More info:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/01/18001437-3-college-roommates-of-boston-marathon-bombing-suspect-in-custody-sources?lite

Sources told NBC News the three are college roommates of accused bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev and are suspected of removing items from his dorm at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth.

There was no indication they had any prior knowledge of the bombing. Sources said the FBI had been investigating them for about 10 days.

"Please be advised that there is not threat to public safety," the Boston Police Department said on its website.

---
Rubio 2016
#8carpdog112Posted 5/1/2013 9:06:19 AM
NoName999 posted...

I don't see why it would. Evidence might be inadmissible against Dzhokar, but any co-conspirator's rights weren't violated by him being denied council. So as long as the co-conspirators are tried separately from Dzhokar everything should probably be admissible.
#9LuigisBroPosted 5/1/2013 9:13:47 AM
NoName999 posted...

except none of this info came from tsarnaev since he hasn't said anything
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#10RRtexasranger13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:25:10 AM
It looks like two of these guys (his roommates) tried to get rid of the explosives and a computer and the younger brother's computer following the bombing. However, they are claiming that this was all before the name of the bombers were released, so they didn't know it was a big deal... >_> They also later denied disposing of the items.

>_>... Seriously? If someone tells you to take out the fireworks/explosives in your backpack (and his computer) and get rid of them, all right after a bombing attack in Boston, that should definitely have been something that should have been told in a tip to the police.

And two of the suspects are from Kazakhstan, one is reportedly a US citizen.

They started investigating them (at least the roommates) were being investigated since they weren't attending classes.
---
Rubio 2016