This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RAPE CULTURE: UCONN's husky logo promotes rape

#61D E E G SPosted 5/5/2013 1:25:07 PM
came in expecting an Onion article. Left saddened that somebody actually thought a stylized image of a husky = rape. I mean really? Is this what we've come to? We're now allowing the PC police to make illogical connections between images? Stuff like this is the down fall of free speech, taking illogical offense at innocuous images.
---
Clearly, sir, you have gone mad with reason.
#62fudrickPosted 5/5/2013 1:58:04 PM
D E E G S posted...
came in expecting an Onion article. Left saddened that somebody actually thought a stylized image of a husky = rape. I mean really? Is this what we've come to? We're now allowing the PC police to make illogical connections between images? Stuff like this is the down fall of free speech, taking illogical offense at innocuous images.

More male privilege
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#63KwancahiPosted 5/5/2013 7:40:00 PM(edited)
came in expecting an Onion article.

And when you saw it wasn't, you decided to just take the title at face value without reading it...or the thread?

Left saddened that somebody actually thought a stylized image of a husky = rape. I mean really?

No...not really. Like, not in the slightest. The amount of people in this thread getting angry over something that didn't actually happen really, really speaks to state of discussions about feminism on the internet.

Is this what we've come to? We're now allowing the PC police to make illogical connections between images? Stuff like this is the down fall of free speech, taking illogical offense at innocuous images.

Not sure if serious, or the exact kind of person Limbaugh is targetting when he does idiotic, decietful garbage like this.
#64methosagainPosted 5/7/2013 2:00:44 PM
TBW4Ever posted...
Villain_S_Fiend posted...
Even if you're growing out your beard/hair you do still need to maintain and style it in most instances though.

Well, sure. You don't want to be looking like some hermit mountain man. I keep mine clean and brushed and all that... but that's not the same as shaving.

I often end up having to trim it my beard, though it'srather full I do tend to get a few areas that grow quicker than others which is kind of what I was considering as 'shaving'. Not really the same but you obviously get the idea.

methosagain posted...
TBW4Ever posted...
Husky's are the best dogs anyway (this is not debatable) so y'know at least they picked a cool logo.

Shibas have something to say about that.

Shibas, Akitas, Samoyeds, Chows, Jindos, Collies and the like are all top tier dogs in my book but Huskies are God tier. I really want a Tamaskan...

http://www.talismancoins.com/catalog/Tamaskan_Husky_Sled_Dog.jpg

Love my Shibas, only dogs I ever own
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#65NoName999Posted 5/7/2013 2:57:38 PM
LOL why is this topic still up.

And why did catch more flak for a misleading title when this topic is a complete, flat out lie?
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants