This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Study: 75% of Muslims are against suicide bombings, 85% "women should obey"

#1ShmashedPosted 5/2/2013 11:11:31 AM
Taken from CE.

Other stats:

-In 10 out of 20 countries studied, at least half believe adultery should be punished by stoning
-In all but 3 countries, at least 15% think apostasy (leaving Islam) should be punishable by death. Some countries are as high as 70's-80's percentage-wise
-About 85% believe a woman must always obey her husband
-In most countries where a question about so-called “honor” killings was asked, majorities of Muslims say such killings are never justified. Only in two countries – Afghanistan and Iraq –do majorities condone extra-judicial executions of women who allegedly have shamed their families by engaging in premarital sex or adultery.

http://www.pewforum.org/uploadedFiles/Topics/Religious_Affiliation/Muslim/worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf

http://www.humanist-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/GSI-II-infographic_forweb.png
---
Literally.
#2KnavePosted 5/2/2013 11:23:07 AM
75% against suicide bombings. That's pretty good right? Religion of Peace.

The other 25% only think suicide bombings are okay because of America. Right?
---
I never saw a brute I hated so; He must be wicked to deserve such pain.
#3YermomHoudiniPosted 5/2/2013 11:40:26 AM
the study only considered suicide bombing, not straight up bombing.

rational fighters would plan bombings ahead so they don't need to waste their own men to kill others. I don't see why this number means anything.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#4Flaming_Fire619Posted 5/2/2013 11:44:12 AM
I always say that Islam is not a true religion of war, it's just that we always hear about the extremists. It's sad that some people bundle all Islamists into the same package. The rest is really all about upbringing imo
---
Not changing until Shelton Benjamin wins the WHC Started: Jan. 10. 2009
http://myanimelist.net/profile/fantheflames
#5Mr SandbagPosted 5/2/2013 11:45:34 AM
B-b-b-but Obama and other liburls said there was just a few bad apples, not hundreds of millions! They used this as an justification to downplay the terrorist threat. Does this mean they put us in danger for politics? Obama woudn't do that would he? He wouldn't resort to Chicago Style Deep Dish Politics™ would he?
---
got sand?
#6CharliesixPosted 5/2/2013 11:58:41 AM(edited)
the full question, found on page 70 of the report is:

"% of Muslims who say attacks against civilians in defense of Islam can be often/sometimes justified"

I kind of think this is a weird question. "In defense of Islam" is too open to interpretation. When I see that phrase I assume it means someone is attacking the Islamic religion as a whole, in some kind of religious hatred crusade.

I think without that phrase it would be a better question, although "civilians" could mean a lot too. Does it include children? Politicians?

I find page 79 to be interesting too. It's about Muslim views on abortion. Although in the West, the right-wing is more critical of Muslims than the left, on abortion issues.. Muslims and right-wing Westerners are strong allies, or should be. And considering that 1.2 billion fetuses were aborted in the past few decades, I believe... I wonder if right-wing Westerners ever consider that Muslim violence is statistically insignificant when compared to the abortion death toll across the world.

In other words, even if Muslims are suicide bombing Zionist and American civilians by the thousands, how does that compare to the mass "murder" of a billion children?
#7LuigisBroPosted 5/2/2013 11:52:08 AM
jejasin posted...
-In 10 out of 20 countries studied, at least half believe adultery should be punished by stoning

do they mention that they only punish the woman?
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#8lastheroPosted 5/2/2013 11:56:40 AM
B-b-b-but Obama and other liburls said there was just a few bad apples, not hundreds of millions! They used this as an justification to downplay the terrorist threat. Does this mean they put us in danger for politics?

How does saying that not all Muslims are extremists 'put us in danger'?
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#9CC RicersPosted 5/2/2013 12:02:29 PM
Just like there are many armchair commandos supporting an armed revolt in the US, you too will have lots of people who think suicide bombings are okay but too chicken to actually carry it out.

You can't say they're dangerous just because they speak a lot of threatening things.
---
with Santorum in the White House immoral acts like Sandy Hook and the Aurora Massacre would not have happened. -Bored troll looking to tango
#10CrumbsShruggedPosted 5/2/2013 12:11:19 PM
lasthero posted...
B-b-b-but Obama and other liburls said there was just a few bad apples, not hundreds of millions! They used this as an justification to downplay the terrorist threat. Does this mean they put us in danger for politics?

How does saying that not all Muslims are extremists 'put us in danger'?

sandbag