This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question for any Germans on this board

#1m_keyhanPosted 5/6/2013 4:56:10 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, how hostile/grumpy are German locals towards tourists/Asian immigrants?
---
Im not here for your amusement, you're here for mine.
#2PhoenixWroggiPosted 5/6/2013 4:56:54 PM
I'm not German, but 1/10
#3RedcountPosted 5/6/2013 4:59:02 PM
My grandfather was Austrian, and he didn't like aboriginals because he felt that they were less likely than the general population to mow their lawns and keep an attractive garden.
---
Going to Saskatoon to catch an all ages Ahnabith Gish show for 15 Canadian dollars. Maybe I'll get a wrist band so I can drink a refreshing Molson's - Orca
#4Pope_ManadontiPosted 5/6/2013 5:04:34 PM
They seem don't mind Asians and Latinos, but they really hate turks.
#5TheBlackCat13Posted 5/7/2013 3:04:10 AM
m_keyhan posted...
On a scale of 1 to 10, how hostile/grumpy are German locals towards tourists/Asian immigrants?

I am Germany and my wife is Chinese. She has not had any trouble, nor has anyone she knows.
#6the final bahamutPosted 5/7/2013 3:23:23 AM
TheBlackCat13 posted...
m_keyhan posted...

I am Germany

That's pretty damn impressive. Also obligatory Deputy Andy "I'm a whole damn town!" Reference.

Depends on where you go. Germany has a lot of problems with racism, neo-nazies and Ostalgia but most of the badness is targeted at middle eastern people. Asians are only likely to encounter casual racism.
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.
#7Xenogears15Posted 5/7/2013 3:29:30 AM
the final bahamut posted...
TheBlackCat13 posted...
m_keyhan posted...

I am Germany

That's pretty damn impressive. Also obligatory Deputy Andy "I'm a whole damn town!" Reference.

Depends on where you go. Germany has a lot of problems with racism, neo-nazies and Ostalgia but most of the badness is targeted at middle eastern people. Asians are only likely to encounter casual racism.

What's Ostalgia?

Also, from everything that I've been told, there doesn't seem to be much racism toward others unless you're Turkish or black.
---
This rant was brought to you by your local random thinker.
Gordon Beckham (CWS): 234/.296/.371 | H: 123 | 2B: 24 | 3B: 0 | HR: 16 | RBI: 60
#8PedroMontanaPosted 5/7/2013 5:28:18 AM(edited)
You shouldn't have any problems in the west of Germany.

The east (territory of the former DDR) is a mixed bag. There is more racism in the east in general and the reputation of Asians is suffering because of the unpopular ethnic minority the east-germans call " Fidschis" (they are actually not from the Fiji islands, but from Vietnam).

Xenogears15 posted...
What's Ostalgia?

Nostalgia for the DDR/GDR (Deutsche Demokratische Republik/German Democratic Republic).
It's similar to those people in Russia who want the UDSSR back and glorify Stalin (but usually more tame).
---
No More Heroes
#9RufusNKenRSTierPosted 5/7/2013 6:15:05 AM
I WILL HEAR NO MORE INSINUATIONS ABOUT THE GERMAN PEOPLE!! NOTHING BAD HAPPENED!! SIE WERDEN SICH HINSETZEN, SIE WERDEN RUHIG SEIN, SIE WERDEN NICHT BELEIDIGEN DEUTSCHLAND!!!
---
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#10IvynnPosted 5/7/2013 6:26:41 AM
Xenogears15 posted...
What's Ostalgia?

Nostalgia for East Germany.

Seriously. There are actual people who miss it.

Anyway, most of Germany's racism is toward Muslims and Africans. Asians have it pretty easy, all things considered. (East Asians, not South Asians)
---
http://i.imgur.com/vDci4hD.gif