This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When did Rice say it was a Youtube video that caused BENGHAZI?

#11Orange ClockworkPosted 5/11/2013 8:17:09 PM(edited)
Because it was a major factor for the events of that day. I don't get why people ignore there were a couple dozen protests in the Middle East and Africa that week. To this day they're still saying the protests in Cairo inspired the attacks in Benghazi.

I've seen a few people use that link to the Benghazi timeline on Factcheck like it proves something. It doesn't.
---
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
#12Orange ClockworkPosted 5/11/2013 8:13:36 PM
Also, why do people bring up he Libyan president so much? He didn't have a clue what was going on in Eastern Libya. The Libyan government has no control over that part of the country. The people who ended up pulling off the attack were largely part of a Libyan militia with ties to al Qaeda, not al Qaeda itself.
---
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
#13Mr SandbagPosted 5/11/2013 8:15:48 PM
Susan Rice lied, Americans died.
---
got sand?
#14JimayoPosted 5/11/2013 8:16:46 PM
Jolteon posted...
*There are exceptions, such as Sniper_Brosef who at least ostensibly are interested in a full recounting of the facts,

Oh yeah, monkeys fly out of my ass on a daily basis too.
---
261 - More troll food per square inch than any other board on the net.
#15JolteonPosted 5/11/2013 9:19:21 PM
I said "ostensibly". It is at the very least preferable for someone to say they that they'd simply like to know if anything was done wrong, as opposed to rabidly insisting that there must have been.

But the latest story was by ABC News. Heard of it?

I said that conservatives are driving the story. It's depressing but not unexpected that other sources might eventually start paying attention.

Why would you quote my entire post but only respond to part of it?
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#16AceVanquishPosted 5/11/2013 9:39:54 PM
FunWithAFryPan posted...
“But at this time, as Ambassador Rice said and as I said, our understanding and our belief based on the information we have is it was the video that caused the unrest in Cairo, and the video and the unrest in Cairo that helped — that precipitated some of the unrest in Benghazi and elsewhere,” Carney says. “What other factors were involved is a matter of investigation.”

From your own post.

Orange Clockwork posted...
Because it was a major factor for the events of that day. I don't get why people ignore there were a couple dozen protests in the Middle East and Africa that week. To this day they're still saying the protests in Cairo inspired the attacks in Benghazi.

I've seen a few people use that link to the Benghazi timeline on Factcheck like it proves something. It doesn't.

Mystic Belmont was asking when Susan Rice blamed the protests on a YouTube video. That is the question I was answering.
---
http://i.imgur.com/imGAY.png
http://lostfacts.net
#17bfslick50Posted 5/12/2013 3:46:12 AM
Why are we more concerned with the info in the initial report to the American public than in what measures were taken to prevent it and what measures are being taken to avoid future incidents? What Rice said on a sunday news show is so insignificant.
---
"Something's wrong! Murder isn't working and that's all we're good at." ~Futurama
#18CyborgSage00x0Posted 5/12/2013 4:14:51 AM

And initial assessments can be wrong, and Rice mentioned that the investigation was ongoing and could change.

Then don't say things that are completely baseless and entirely contradicted by the CIA report.

Except this happens all.the.time.

Just look at the coverage of the Boston Bombings. Or Sandy Hook. Or anything, really, and note how many pieces of information are initially wrong or get revised. That's how news works, it takes time to fully investigate stuff like this. At the time, the reports Rice and Obama said were, to the best of their knowledge, accurate. It was the CIA and internal intelligence reports where Rice got her information from, anyways. That's why BENGHAZI is a compelte Right-wing propoganda cycle, because reporting what you know at the time is standard practice, and doesn't mean someone was lying or trying to cover up something. Remember when conservatives were pissed at the initially incorrect reports of the cause and aftermath of 9/11? Yeah, me neither.

I mean, the only alternative (and essentially what you and other BENGHAZI!! nuts are suggesting) is that the government should have remained completely mum on all details for 3 wekks, until they had the full story. While the media and public sit their strachting their heads over what the hell happened. Yeah, that doesn't happen in the real world guy, and never will/
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokemon White 2, NSMB3DS.
#19lastheroPosted 5/12/2013 4:31:30 AM
bfslick50 posted...
Why are we more concerned with the info in the initial report to the American public than in what measures were taken to prevent it and what measures are being taken to avoid future incidents?

Because dealing with those issues would actually qualify as progress and a productive, fruitful use of taxpayer dollars.

Heaven forbid.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#20AceVanquishPosted 5/13/2013 12:38:51 AM
bfslick50 posted...
Why are we more concerned with the info in the initial report to the American public than in what measures were taken to prevent it and what measures are being taken to avoid future incidents? What Rice said on a sunday news show is so insignificant.

Because it's a bad thing when politicians lie to you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/imGAY.png
http://lostfacts.net