This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the state: Man arrested for not breaking any law.

#41CyborgSage00x0Posted 6/22/2013 12:45:32 PM
And guess what, civilians are allowed to have guns and sidearms like that. That's why this video is funny, the guy was not breaking the law. He literally has the right to wear that gun on his hip as much as cops do. Are you dense?

Sure he has the right to, but again, such rights are rarely exericed in the less redneck parts of America. How dense do you have to be to not get why people would be panicked to see something like that at a park? Especially with all the mass public shootings this year?
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokemon White 2, NSMB3DS.
#42itchytasty96Posted 6/22/2013 1:10:07 PM(edited)
being afraid of a guy carrying a gun is the same being scared of a black man because he's black. You're assuming that the guy is some crazed murderer who will shoot you and you don't even know him.

Remember, it's not the gun that will kill you. It's a person's decision to aim and shoot that's gonna get you.
---
They have escaped into the mansion...where they thought it was safe...yet
#43CynynPosted 6/22/2013 2:06:07 PM
Guns don't kill people gais! Swords don't kill people gais! Rocket launchers don't kill people gais! Grenades don't kill people gais! Crossbows don't kill people gais! Nuclear weapons don't kill people gais! People kill people! Y'know execept for the part where they have to use one of those to kill someone.
---
I'm gonna pop a ****ing blood vessel here! - OMGWTFPIE
#44itchytasty96Posted 6/22/2013 3:41:24 PM
Cynyn posted...
Guns don't kill people gais! Swords don't kill people gais! Rocket launchers don't kill people gais! Grenades don't kill people gais! Crossbows don't kill people gais! Nuclear weapons don't kill people gais! People kill people! Y'know execept for the part where they have to use one of those to kill someone.

they don't *have* to. murder didn't come into existence with the advent of firearms.
---
They have escaped into the mansion...where they thought it was safe...yet
#45CyborgSage00x0Posted 6/22/2013 7:29:00 PM
itchytasty96 posted...
being afraid of a guy carrying a gun is the same being scared of a black man because he's black. You're assuming that the guy is some crazed murderer who will shoot you and you don't even know him.

Remember, it's not the gun that will kill you. It's a person's decision to aim and shoot that's gonna get you.

Yeah except no. The race that is black people don't just kill on site or something. A gun's ONLY purpose IS to kill, so your analogy fails hard.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokemon White 2, NSMB3DS.
#46OrgeLambartPosted 6/22/2013 11:23:17 PM
Didn't watch youtube video, I'll assume he's one of those bags that walk around with their gun holstered and very visible in places just so they can record video of police officers checking on the validity of their gun.

Then the bag refuses to be even civil with police and forces tons of attention to himself on some stupidly noble cause. If you have a permit to open carry a gun, why get all angry when police want to check if you have the legal right to carry that gun or ensure you are following the rules of having an open carried gun.

All I see on Youtube are a bunch of bags, going out of their way to make police officers angry under the guise of some noble pursuit of justice.
#47OrgeLambartPosted 6/22/2013 11:26:01 PM
watched the video, just as I suspected another bag trying to ruffle up feathers just for the sake of ruffling up feathers... how nice.
#48atmasabrPosted 6/23/2013 6:12:29 AM
Sorry, but I support zealous enforcement of disorderly conduct laws.
---
Do your own research!
#49Predatorian234Posted 6/28/2013 9:25:06 PM
flacodiablo posted...
Predatorian234 posted...
Faust_8 posted...
It's not so much as straight up assuming he will, just that it's a distinct possibility. And if he doesn't, you're left wondering "why the hell is he carrying that thing? Is there some weird workout regime where you carry a guitar all day?"

However I will say when I made that analogy for some reason I was picturing him carrying it in his arms, not on his back. >_> I see now that's not as fair of a comparison.

So even if that analogy is the most terrible analogy in history...I still haven't heard a good reason why he should carry or needed to carry his gun besides "I just want to, ok?"

I live right next to a park. It has trails in the woods, a pond, jungle gyms...you see ducks, swans, deer, squirrels, people out and about and walking their dogs. Why would I need a handgun there in the middle of the day? Like I said before, even if it was legal to have it there, it would be illegal to use it. (Except if you are, somehow, assaulted with murderous intent. In the middle of a public park. During the day.) It doesn't surprise me that after all these terrible events people hear of in the news, people are wary of people walking around with totally superfluous guns that can't be discharged legally in the first place.

If you want to discuss the reasoning for carrying said firearm you'd have to discuss that with the person who's carrying it. Could be because they just want to (and it's their legal right to do so) or because they were once attacked in broad daylight (has happened) and feel more secure. Either way, having it on their hip and holstered is not doing any harm to anyone. It's literally doing nothing. So why complain about it?

Also, if a guy was walking around with a gun in his hand (not in a holster) more akin to what you were thinking about with the guy carrying his guitar, then I'd be very cautious of what he's doing. A drawn firearm means the shooter intends to use it.

Hence why I pictured your guitarist with the guitar on his back, or in what I thought was the closest to a "holstered" position.

You can't shoot people with a guitar. Open carry is stupid.

Thank you captain obvious. Next time follow the whole conversation so you can understand what's being said.
---
"baaaaaaaaaaah" - Trisketthekid