This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should 'In God We Trust' be removed from U.S. currency?

#101Nitro378Posted 6/21/2013 9:30:19 AM
Yes... obviously. The US is not a theocracy no matter how hard people might try to make it one.
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015 --- (Zombie) FDR/Sanders 2016
If you want friends in Washington, get a lobbyist - me
#102Predatorian234Posted 6/21/2013 10:37:50 AM
cjd92 posted...
TaiIs82 posted...
$17 trillion in debt and this is the monetary issue modern atheists focus on.

This is exactly my point. We have REAL problems in this country, but fools will watch as the ship burns in favor of fighting their political grudge matches.

Who said it's the only thing we are focusing on? Just because we bring it up means that we are focusing solely on it. There are plenty of issues that we'd gladly give our opinions and thoughts on. This is one of many.

I'm guessing that, if you follow your own logic, you will not be commenting on ANY other issue brought up on this board other than one single purposeful one. Correct?
---
"baaaaaaaaaaah" - Trisketthekid
#103cjd92Posted 6/21/2013 10:46:04 AM
Of course not. As I said earlier though, I put things in perspective. For example, this gentleman is getting all hot and bothered over this issue and it reflects how many others act in real life. They squander energy on relatively silly pursuits.
---
indeed.
#104Predatorian234Posted 6/21/2013 11:07:20 AM
cjd92 posted...
Of course not. As I said earlier though, I put things in perspective. For example, this gentleman is getting all hot and bothered over this issue and it reflects how many others act in real life. They squander energy on relatively silly pursuits.

Do you think debating on gamefaqs requires that much energy? I've had many heated debates on this website while I also conversed with customers and entered orders. It's not that taxing to present an opinion on something.

Now, if they decided to base their voting structure solely on a politicians desire to take "In God We Trust" off of the currency, regardless of their economical plan or anything else, I can see your point.

But I don't know any atheist who would vote that way.
---
"baaaaaaaaaaah" - Trisketthekid
#105cjd92Posted 6/21/2013 4:01:30 PM
Well then, that's why I referenced "many others in real life" and not Predatorian234.
---
indeed.
#106hunter_gohanPosted 6/21/2013 7:02:18 PM
cjd92 posted...
Well then, that's why I referenced "many others in real life" and not Predatorian234.

And not a single person in this thread has stated that is how they are, yet you've apparently been under this delusion that we were.

The only person I see that is getting all hot and bothered is the guy taking "our secular government should be secular" and claiming it's a witch hunt to completely eradicate religion.
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#107B4TT3RYPosted 6/21/2013 7:44:27 PM
Nitro378 posted...
Yes... obviously. The US is not a theocracy no matter how hard people might try to make it one.

This.

And I don't understand where people get the idea Atheists are whining about this issue. Or that this issue is one that only Atheists side with.
---
Thank you for posting. Here at the Forum we greatly value your input!- TheHarmfulOne
#108TaiIs82Posted 6/22/2013 4:18:41 AM
THERE ARE BIGGER PROBLEMS

Um, yeah? I wouldn't consider belief in God to be a "problem" by the way. Seeing as religious pursuits are noble and their charities have helped millions. I believe in tackling real problems, not making ones up or actively attacking the groups that are trying to solve them.
---
Hero/Legend of 261. Lover of life, free speech, etc.
Providing trickle-down knowledge since 2009