This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ron Paul on the subject of Snowden.

#1Sniper_BrosefPosted 6/25/2013 2:35:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/10152515892046686

My understanding is that espionage means giving secret or classified information to the enemy. Since Snowden shared information with the American people, his indictment for espionage could reveal (or confirm) that the US Government views you and me as the enemy.

Your thoughts?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#2LuigisBroPosted 6/25/2013 2:37:04 PM
so someone's who paranoid about privacy posts on Facebook
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#3Sativa_RosePosted 6/25/2013 2:38:37 PM
LuigisBro posted...

Such a stupid strawman that I keep hearing. People can CHOOSE what they put on their facebook pages voluntarily, but no one gets to choose what communications the government has access to.
---
Not changing my signature until Canadian citizen and marijuana legalization activist Marc Emery is released from U.S. federal prison.
#4Nitro378Posted 6/25/2013 2:39:54 PM
Snowden has done way way more to hold the US establishment to account than Ron Paul ever has, who cares what he has to say anyway?
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015 --- (Zombie) FDR/Sanders 2016
If you want friends in Washington, get a lobbyist - me
#5LuigisBroPosted 6/25/2013 2:42:20 PM
Sativa_Rose posted...
Such a stupid strawman that I keep hearing. People can CHOOSE what they put on their facebook pages voluntarily, but no one gets to choose what communications the government has access to.

we're led to believe that government has access to everything you do on Facebook regardless of your settings, so Ron Paul shouldn't be using it if he's concerned about privacy
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#6Evil Genius 9Posted 6/25/2013 2:43:52 PM(edited)
https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/10152515892046686

My understanding is that espionage means giving secret or classified information to the enemy. Since Snowden shared information with the American people, his indictment for espionage could reveal (or confirm) that the US Government views you and me as the enemy.

Your thoughts?

Or, they could make the entirely logical argument that making classified information public to the whole world is essentially the same thing as giving it to the enemy.

---
Every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.
-- Dave Chappelle
#7epictetus1216Posted 6/25/2013 2:45:35 PM
It's an interesting way of looking at it.
#8Evil Genius 9Posted 6/25/2013 2:54:35 PM(edited)
Also, Ron Paul evidently doesn't understand what's actually in the "espionage act," which covers things like willful communication of classified information to any unauthorized person; it doesn't have to be an "enemy."

---
Every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.
-- Dave Chappelle
#9Dmilla_AltPosted 6/25/2013 3:31:09 PM
LuigisBro posted...

Why use such strong words as paranoid for someone's opinion? Ron Paul thinks government shouldn't have a right to all citizens private information and that makes him paranoid?

Seems like any different view point than yours is demonized and attacked.
#10Master CilanderPosted 6/25/2013 4:21:32 PM
LuigisBro posted...

It's not like this is some guy posting about his daily life.
---
Neutral but not impartial.