This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Majority of Americans say Obamacare will make things worse for their families

#1BvWJpEq5yPosted 6/27/2013 11:43:11 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/more-half-americans-disapprove-health-law-poll-172405921.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A majority of Americans say President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul will make things worse for their families and the nation overall, a poll released on Thursday found, highlighting the challenges his administration still faces in winning over the public.

Overall, the survey of nearly 2,050 adults showed 52 percent disapprove of the 2010 law aimed at expanding access to health insurance for millions of people, according to Gallup. Another 44 percent said they back the changes.

Among those polled, 42 percent said it would make their family's healthcare situation worse while 33 percent said it would have little impact. Just 22 percent said they thought it would help, the poll showed.

In terms of the country's healthcare system, 47 percent said the law would have a negative impact while 16 percent saw no difference. Thirty-four percent said it would make it better, according to Gallup's survey taken June 20 through Monday.

The findings from nonpartisan polling firm come as the Obama administration ramps up efforts to educate the public about the law known as "Obamacare," including health insurance exchanges set to offer subsidized health plans to consumers in each state in October...

---
http://i.imgur.com/MmI8H5E.jpg http://i.imgur.com/WcW8k3t.jpg
#2Heineken14Posted 6/27/2013 11:45:35 AM
Yahoo. lolol
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
#3TreGoodaPosted 6/27/2013 11:49:19 AM(edited)
It's not about the majority of Americans, not even about 99.5% of Americans. It's about the .00000000000000000000001% anomaly.

However, I think universal health care is probably the only option left unless we seriously want to limit health care and deny emergency room visits.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#4Jayjs20Posted 6/27/2013 11:54:01 AM
And 2/3 of Americans thought that Saddam was personally responsible for 9/11 at one point.

Propaganda does wonders. Republicans poop on it on a regular basis, Obama almost never defends it.
---
http://www.satirealley.com/images/Anime/anigif4.gif
#5TreGoodaPosted 6/27/2013 11:56:16 AM
Jayjs20 posted...
And 2/3 of Americans thought that Saddam was personally responsible for 9/11 at one point.

Propaganda does wonders. Republicans poop on it on a regular basis, Obama almost never defends it.

You realize the huge issue with this type of thinking if you start applying it to everything?

The first sentence conflicts with the very fabric of our government and what it's built upon. In the broad sense, then why don't we just have a monarchy?
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#6dirtyarmenianPosted 6/27/2013 12:27:19 PM
There's a lot of reasons for why Obamacare is still unpopular. Still, let's wait a year or two after it's fully implemented (well actually the tax on high cost, so-called "cadillac" health plans doesn't go into effect until 2018 or something, but 2014 is when the exchanges and Medicaid expansion are planned so yeah, let's call that the starting point of implementation) and see if the poll numbers shift.
---
"...and Jesus went up to the mountain and said, 'The poor? F*** them, get a job!!!"
- Conservatroll New Testament
#7AcidReduxPosted 6/27/2013 12:27:46 PM
Heineken14 posted...
Yahoo. lolol

In all likelihood, it's completely true that most Americans oppose the Affordable Care Act... or at least what they think it is. But there's the crux - most Americans don't actually know what the ACA is. Major provisions of the ACA other than the individual mandate generally poll well when people don't know that they come from it.
#8CC RicersPosted 6/27/2013 12:38:50 PM
How about we instill that public option, then?

Video games have proven that people like having tons of options. It increases freedom to the people, the way our forefathers intended.
---
I want Snowden DLC for Watch Dogs
#9cobain27Posted 6/27/2013 12:41:30 PM
I'm sure this has nothing to do with the constant flow of misinformation about the ACA since it has been debated and passed.
---
There are 4815162342 types of people in this world. Those that love Lost and those who hate the ones that do.
#10WhiskeyDiskPosted 6/27/2013 1:19:28 PM
how about we attack the REAL healthcare problem and that's the absurd costs of it in the first place? routine procedures should not cost as much as 4x what they do abroad in many cases. this state mandated tribute to the insurance industry doesn't really serve anyone's best interests except insurance company shareholders. as it stands the ACA is a terrible piece of legislation and is a band-aid at best when stitches are called for.

IB4 teh evil Rupublicanz did it.

assessment of blame is irrelevant at this point when the ACA is screwing workers and small businesses alike in a severely down economy. this is the wrong bill at the wrong time, period.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yNrOb.jpg