This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man arrested for revving his car in a racist manner.

#1goatthiefPosted 6/28/2013 1:38:45 PM
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1347.asp

UK: Jail Time for Revving Engine in a Racist Manner
A motorist in Scotland, UK is fined $238 and sent to jail for two days for the crime of revving his Lotus Esprit in a racist manner.

Lotus EspritScottish motorist Ronnie Hutton, 49, was jailed for two days for the crime of "revving his car in a racist manner" last September. After waiting more than a year to try the case, the Stirling Sheriff court finally convicted Hutton last week of breach of the peace and fined him £150 (US $282).

An off duty officer, Chief Inspector Eoin Jenkins, said Hutton had revved the engine of his Lotus Esprit near two Muslims last year. After Hutton dismissed Jenkins' concern with an expletive, Jenkins immediately dispatched two police officers to Hutton's home where he was taken and thrown in jail for two days without formal charges. Hutton explained that his revving had nothing to do with nearby pedestrians, rather, he was keeping his temperamental and expensive V8 engine from stalling and being damaged.

"To be convicted for revving my car in a busy street is hard to take," Hutton told the Sunday Mail newspaper. "Does this mean anyone driving a noisy car in Scotland is now a criminal?"

Asked in court why the man may have revved his engine, Hana Saad, 23, said through an interpreter, "Maybe because we are Muslim."

Yup, happened in the UK. Anyone really surprised?
---
Number of goats grabbed: 6
#2Nitro378Posted 6/28/2013 1:41:05 PM
The race angle is pretty silly but I can't say I would have a massive problem with ridiculously noisy vehicles being regulated. As far as I'm concerned mopeds are a menace to society (but then I have overly sensitive ears)
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015 --- (Zombie) FDR/Sanders 2016
If you want friends in Washington, get a lobbyist - me
#3RodrigoErwinPosted 6/28/2013 1:41:33 PM
If it was America he would had been tasered and charged with resisting arrest.

He was charged because he cursed at a police officer, try cursing at an american police officer and see what you get.
---
13 inches Epeen
#4Nitro378Posted 6/28/2013 1:42:58 PM
Oh, and I forgot to add 'it must be true, because I read it in the Daily Maaaaaaaail~'
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015 --- (Zombie) FDR/Sanders 2016
If you want friends in Washington, get a lobbyist - me
#5Pogo_MarimoPosted 6/28/2013 1:47:24 PM
Maybe they meant "Racing" manner.
---
http://pixelscribbles.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/schwing.jpg
http://www.last.fm/user/Pogo92
#6Pope_ManadontiPosted 6/28/2013 1:47:34 PM
‘United Press International
October 10, 1986
MOSLEMS IN BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Mixed in with Queen Elizabeth’s blue blood is the blood of the Moslem prophet Mohammed, according to Burke’s Peerage, the geneological guide to royalty. The relation came out when Harold B. Brooks-Baker, publishing director of Burke’s, wrote Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher to ask for better security for the royal family. ”The royal family’s direct descent from the prophet Mohammed cannot be relied upon to protect the royal family forever from Moslem terrorists,” he said. Probably realizing the connection would be a surprise to many, he added, ”It is little known by the British people that the blood of Mohammed flows in the veins of the queen. However, all Moslem religious leaders are proud of this fact.”

Brooks-Baker said the British royal family is descended from Mohammed through the Arab kings of Seville, who once ruled Spain. By marriage, their blood passed to the European kings of Portugal and Castille, and through them to England’s 15th century King Edward IV. ‘

Coincidence?
---
I don't always get called a racist... but when I do, I have just won an argument against a librul.
#7YouAreCrumbsPosted 6/28/2013 1:50:30 PM
Clearly racially motivated, revving his British car at those Muslim men. I only wish the car manufacturers could be charged with inciting hate speech.
---
joey444
We elect Obama and all the capitalists will be executed. This is a legitimate concern of mine. - OMGWTFPIE, 2011
#8DagorhaPosted 6/28/2013 1:51:42 PM
Pope_Manadonti posted...
‘United Press International
October 10, 1986
MOSLEMS IN BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Mixed in with Queen Elizabeth’s blue blood is the blood of the Moslem prophet Mohammed, according to Burke’s Peerage, the geneological guide to royalty. The relation came out when Harold B. Brooks-Baker, publishing director of Burke’s, wrote Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher to ask for better security for the royal family. ”The royal family’s direct descent from the prophet Mohammed cannot be relied upon to protect the royal family forever from Moslem terrorists,” he said. Probably realizing the connection would be a surprise to many, he added, ”It is little known by the British people that the blood of Mohammed flows in the veins of the queen. However, all Moslem religious leaders are proud of this fact.”

Brooks-Baker said the British royal family is descended from Mohammed through the Arab kings of Seville, who once ruled Spain. By marriage, their blood passed to the European kings of Portugal and Castille, and through them to England’s 15th century King Edward IV. ‘

Coincidence?

At first I read your post and was like L O L he must tripping
Then I saw the name and was like "Oh man he's serious"
Then I thought about the name and went: Nah, he trollin'
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#9Superlnfinity45Posted 6/28/2013 2:40:53 PM(edited)
Nitro378 posted...
Oh, and I forgot to add 'it must be true, because I read it in the Daily Maaaaaaaail~'

I like it how some people can't tell the difference between factual stories and editorials or heavily-slanted stories.
---
He who understands baboon would do more towards metaphysics than Locke. - Charles Darwin
#10Master CilanderPosted 6/28/2013 2:40:09 PM
God damn the western world sucks these days.
---
Neutral but not impartial.