This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man arrested for revving his car in a racist manner.

#11AnclationPosted 6/28/2013 4:23:28 PM
So I figure there are no actual crimes happening in the UK since the police and the justice system are free to waste time like this. Hopefully it doesn't get in the way of prosecuting people for mean tweets.
---
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall
#12Dagoth_WitPosted 6/28/2013 4:44:35 PM
Why did I have to read the same sentence four times before the story got started?
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#13atmasabrPosted 6/28/2013 10:10:51 PM
That's the nice thing about hate crime enhancements.

Even when they don't stick, you're still convicted of something.
---
Do your own research!
#14RedcountPosted 6/28/2013 11:24:14 PM
Anclation posted...
So I figure there are no actual crimes happening in the UK since the police and the justice system are free to waste time like this.

Nah, just this and the occasional soldier being beheaded by people who surely had no religious or political motivation whatsoever.
---
"Does the pool boy is also a millionaire?" - RodrigoErwin
#15KradekPosted 6/29/2013 3:48:20 AM
RodrigoErwin posted...
If it was America he would had been tasered and charged with resisting arrest.

He was charged because he cursed at a police officer, try cursing at an american police officer and see what you get.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1347.asp

UK: Jail Time for Revving Engine in a Racist Manner
A motorist in Scotland, UK is fined $238 and sent to jail for two days for the crime of revving his Lotus Esprit in a racist manner.

Lotus EspritScottish motorist Ronnie Hutton, 49, was jailed for two days for the crime of "revving his car in a racist manner" last September. After waiting more than a year to try the case, the Stirling Sheriff court finally convicted Hutton last week of breach of the peace and fined him 150 (US $282).

An off duty officer, Chief Inspector Eoin Jenkins, said Hutton had revved the engine of his Lotus Esprit near two Muslims last year. After Hutton dismissed Jenkins' concern with an expletive, Jenkins immediately dispatched two police officers to Hutton's home where he was taken and thrown in jail for two days without formal charges. Hutton explained that his revving had nothing to do with nearby pedestrians, rather, he was keeping his temperamental and expensive V8 engine from stalling and being damaged.

"To be convicted for revving my car in a busy street is hard to take," Hutton told the Sunday Mail newspaper. "Does this mean anyone driving a noisy car in Scotland is now a criminal?"

Asked in court why the man may have revved his engine, Hana Saad, 23, said through an interpreter, "Maybe because we are Muslim."

I guess you could say he was arrested for "cursing at the cop" but it almost seems like that situation where the guy in America was arrested for resisting arrest. This man was thrown in jail at the time for 2 days for no formal charges just because he cursed at a cop who said he was being racist just because he was revving his car on the street?

That just doesn't seem right at all.

And he was an off duty officer, I don't know if that means he was in uniform or not, but if I was revving my car and out of nowhere somebody started giving me crap for no reason and calling me racist I'd probably cuss them out too depending on how obstinate they're being. I think it's basic human nature to get defensive, especially when you're doing absolutely nothing wrong.
---
I think he means that if Romney was shocked every time he lied, we'd end up with two black candidates ;)- AlucardSX
#16WileECoytePosted 6/29/2013 4:46:34 AM
Slippery slope not a valid argument my ass. This is what happens when PC gets out of control next thing you know the libs will be throwing people in jail because their kid draws a gun in class.
#17RedcountPosted 6/29/2013 6:17:21 AM
WileECoyte posted...
Slippery slope not a valid argument my ass. This is what happens when PC gets out of control next thing you know the libs will be throwing people in jail because their kid draws a gun in class.

Well, I think it's pretty serious if a kid draws a gun in class.

Oh, do you mean draws as in, like, with a crayon? I thought you meant, like "draws" a gun.
---
"Does the pool boy is also a millionaire?" - RodrigoErwin
#18rabbi_babyPosted 6/29/2013 7:54:06 AM
DMCdriver posted...
You know, I actually believe the driver, keeping an old Lotus engine from stalling is tough.

---
TT Level 10 GT Snow Edition| i5 3570k w/ Corsair H100i | 2x XFX 7950 | 32GB DDR3 2400 | MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt| Corsair AX1200i | 512GB 840 Pro | 2TB WD Green