This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suspect Arrested in Nanny Cam Attack

#41JimayoPosted 6/30/2013 2:26:44 AM
FunWithAFryPan posted...
How is something "almost" fake anyway. It's either fake or it isn't.

Seems like you wanted to hedge your bets to gain...what exactly? If you don't think it was staged then why insinuate that it might be staged?

I have no clue what point you're trying to get across here fudrick.

Trollolololol.
---
261 - More troll food per square inch than any other board on the net.
#42fudrickPosted 6/30/2013 9:40:42 AM
LightSnake posted...
That said...geez, Fudrick, that's not the thing you say. "It looks odd...almost fake/staged" is going to interpreted a very specific way and you should know that.

If people choose to act stupid and completely ignore the word "almost," that shouldn't be my responsibility. I meant something specific and I said exactly that, there's not much I can do to stop someone who wants to incorrectly extrapolate extra meaning out of my post.

LightSnake posted...
How 'should' beatings look?

Well, in the other thread a few days ago, I noted that it kind of looks like the guy is slowing down his strikes just before connecting with them, like people do in a fake fight, which is what makes it appear strange. I also noted that it could be the low framerate, or something else which causes that illusion. I've watched a lot of videos of physical conflicts in my life, though, and few of them have had that appearance. It'd be nice if someone who knew more about this kind of s*** could just be reasonable, not get offended at nothing, and explain why I'm seeing what I'm seeing.

LightSnake posted...
Saying "that looked almost fake" isn't what you should be saying at al

What "should" I be saying, and why?

FunWithAFryPan posted...
How is something "almost" fake anyway. It's either fake or it isn't.

There's a bit of a difference between saying something is "almost fake" and saying something "almost looks fake"

FunWithAFryPan posted...
Seems like you wanted to hedge your bets to gain...what exactly? If you don't think it was staged then why insinuate that it might be staged?

I have no clue what point you're trying to get across here fudrick.

It's a shame that I didn't explain my reasoning within this thread so that you wouldn't have to be so confused as to why I mentioned the strange appearance of the video at all.

Oh wait. I did, like three times.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#43SkasaPosted 6/30/2013 10:05:08 AM
Fudrick, you are the worst poster on this board. Just shut the **** up.
---
Proud Communist
#44TheRunner PDPosted 6/30/2013 10:09:24 AM
So far my count is 3 for me, 0 for you fud.
---
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
#45FunWithAFryPanPosted 6/30/2013 10:57:58 AM
Awful, awful poster.
---
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.
#46LightSnakePosted 6/30/2013 11:02:56 AM
here's what you 'should' do, Fudrick, and it's not hard:

Don't say a woman's violent beating that put her in the hospital looks 'almost fake.' It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
---
"An Emperor should die on his feet." -Titus Flavius Vespasianus.
#47TheRunner PDPosted 6/30/2013 2:11:47 PM
here's what you 'should' do, Fudrick, and it's not hard:

Don't say a woman's violent beating that put her in the hospital looks 'almost fake.' It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

This. It's exactly what I meant when I said you were discrediting the incident. There's literally no other interpretation for it.
---
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici