This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Paula Deen Incident: What you should know before you defend her

#1NoName999Posted 7/7/2013 8:39:38 AM(edited)
Yes yes, I hate to pull a BBT. But let's face it, it would have been ignored otherwise

Here's a summary of some of the things being alleged against Paula Deen, her brother Bubba Hiers and the Deen business entities:

Summary:

Paula Deen, while planning her brother's wedding in 2007, was asked what look the wedding should have. She replied, "I want a true southern plantation-style wedding." When asked what type of uniforms the servers should wear, Paula stated, "well what I would really like is a bunch of little ******s to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around;

Black staff had to use the back entrance to enter and leave restaurant;

Black staff could only use one bathroom;

Black staff couldn’t work the front of the restaurants;

Brother Bubba stated his wishes: “ I wish I could put all those ******s in the kitchen on a boat to Africa”;

Bubba asked a black driver and security guard "don’t you wish you could rub all the black off you and be like me? You just look dirty; I bet you wish you could." The guy told Bubba he was fine as is;

Bubba on President Obama: they should send him to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, so he could ******-rig it;

He shook an employee (Black again) and said” F your civil rights…you work for me and my sister Paula Deen;

Paula’s son Jaime's best friend managed the Lady & Sons restaurant. He threatened to fire all the 'Monkeys' in the kitchen. When Paula found out…she slapped him on the wrist and suggested that the employee visited Paula's $13,000,000 mansion so he felt special and could be massaged.

http://www.blacklegalissues.com/Article_Details.aspx?artclid=7dfdbe0461#sthash.9ViWBR8C.AFB1bJ10.dpuf

It has more to do than just saying the n word to black guy pointing a gun at her.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#2LuigisBroPosted 7/7/2013 8:40:34 AM
could've sworn somebody already made this thread
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#3KwancahiPosted 7/7/2013 8:56:40 AM
Let's pretend for a moment that this is the first time any of this information has come to light. Do you honestly believe that the people seriously defending Deen would be swayed by this?

There are really two major groups of people who are defending Deen: Racists, and people who think that individuals should not be punished for their beliefs regarding race. Why would the revelation that Deen might actually have done racist things in the past influence either of those groups in any way?
#4IvynnPosted 7/7/2013 9:04:41 AM
Silly TC, thinking racists listen to facts.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vDci4hD.gif
#5xeionpPosted 7/7/2013 9:14:10 AM
If any of those allegations are proven to be true, then you will see people stop defending her.
---
Superman loves Lois Lane and Spider-Man loves Mary Jane Watson-Parker
#6wally(Moderator)Posted 7/7/2013 9:15:50 AM
xeionp posted...
If any of those allegations are proven to be true, then you will see people stop defending her.

No we won't.
---
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight
#7battouryePosted 7/7/2013 9:18:17 AM
If any of those are proven true then we have a legitimate complaint. Otherwise its much like pedophilia witch hunts.
---
Fools think there are good and bad guys in intl. relations.-Terran
Currently Listening To: Ondore's Lies
#8LuigisBroPosted 7/7/2013 9:27:22 AM
Kwancahi posted...
There are really two major groups of people who are defending Deen: Racists, and people who think that individuals should not be punished for their beliefs regarding race. Why would the revelation that Deen might actually have done racist things in the past influence either of those groups in any way?

^ that's been a common misconception, nobody is trying to punish Deen, its not like the Chick Fil A thing when people were calling for boycotts, this incident is entirely one sided with Deen and her crowd milking the victim card
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#9Heineken14Posted 7/7/2013 9:39:50 AM
xeionp posted...

lolno
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
#10NoName999(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 9:41:23 AM
battourye posted...
If any of those are proven true then we have a legitimate complaint.

LOL cute

We live in a society that defends convicted rapists a good number of the time.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants