This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come every witness for Zimmerman says....

#1EmanOn4lifePosted 7/8/2013 5:41:19 AM
When presented with the 911 tapes,"I know that's George"...how?..."because that's George" or "because I can hear him screaming" ..come on man..prosecution should be rippin up aallll of these witnesses. I know its him because its him is an accepted answer?
---
Feel the Power Productionz
I brake for advanced melinoma.
#2RRtexasranger13Posted 7/8/2013 5:49:00 AM
The reason why they are getting family members to testify (on both sides) is because the prosecution had a speech recognition expert that said you can't analyze the voice with computers and determine who the screaming voice is, BUT, a close family member could identify the voice. So according to the prosecution's own expert, "I know who that voice is because he is my son/I'm his mother" is a perfectly acceptable response.

I just think this whole thing bringing in the people to testify who it is is entirely pointless. Obviously Trayvon's mother thinks it is Tryavon and George's mother thinks it is George. I hope the jury takes all of those testimonies with a grain of salt. They are useless.
---
Politics is weird. And Creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. - Shepard Smith
Rubio 2016
#3ClutchPosted 7/8/2013 5:57:52 AM
It's pretty obvious that this is just a response to Martin's mothers testimony. Since the prosecution didn't present a lot of hard evidence, it makes sense taking the effort to create reasonable doubt relating to some of the more persuasive subjective testimony.
---
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.
#4EmanOn4life(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 5:59:29 AM
To be honest,his mom seemed the most genuine. His uncle said he was barely paying attention with his back turned and recognized the voice..that is just utter bull***. This chick Sondra Osterman they have on the stand now literally said "its george" how? "Because I can just...hear him screaming". Smh...to me it sounds like a young black person...no way in hell that's Zimmerman screaming. That young dude saw the gun and was screaming for his life,meaning zimmerman had it drawn for a minute before he had a chance to shoot.
---
#5ClutchPosted 7/8/2013 6:07:29 AM(edited)
Oh, I thought you wanted to discuss the strategic element of why this was occurring not just looking for an excuse to spew you're own garbage opinion on what happened like everyone else on this board. Sorry I posted.
---
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.
#6RRtexasranger13Posted 7/8/2013 6:14:49 AM
Clutch posted...
Oh, I thought you wanted to discuss the strategic element of why this was occurring not just looking for an excuse to spew you're own garbage opinion on what happened like everyone else on this board. Sorry I posted.

Yeah, I thought I was being helpful to him by explaining why (according to the prosecution's expert witness) they are giving an acceptable response. At least I tried...
---
Politics is weird. And Creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. - Shepard Smith
Rubio 2016
#7EmanOn4life(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 6:25:03 AM
My bad..nah I'm aware of why it's happening from a tactical standpoint...I was asking why the prosecution is allowing these people to sit here and say "It's him because I hear him" and not kickin their ass. Isn't it agaist court room ethics or something to call a person a liar on the stand?
---
#8Tw1L1ghtSparkl3Posted 7/8/2013 6:43:53 AM
Why it have not been Zimm screaming since he was the one getting pummeled?
#9RRtexasranger13Posted 7/8/2013 6:58:21 AM
EmanOn4life posted...
My bad..nah I'm aware of why it's happening from a tactical standpoint...I was asking why the prosecution is allowing these people to sit here and say "It's him because I hear him" and not kickin their ass. Isn't it agaist court room ethics or something to call a person a liar on the stand?

I've already told why so you are apparently not aware what is happening from a tactical standpoint. 1) The witnesses did the same thing when Trayvon's mom and brother came to the stand and 2) the prosecution's own expert witness in speech recognition pretty much said that a close family member could identify the voice. So the sheer fact that they are a close family member (and knew GZ well of course) is the only thing they need to say. The only reason why the defense is really doing this is because the prosecutors did literally, the exact same thing.
---
Rubio 2016
#10KoolAssAssassinPosted 7/8/2013 7:05:26 AM
I don't really understand the Prosecution's strategy here. Shouldn't they be focusing more on the fact that Zimmerman's actions are what predicated everything? I just seems to me that with this much ambiguity and uncertainty going into the trial, a Murder charge would have been hard to get stick. Couldn't they put that charge on, but allow for the jury to consider manslaughter also. In that case, even if the Murder charge was rejected, the manslaughter charge would be a "No Brainer" if the Prosecution drove home the idea that the whole incident only happened because of Zimmerman's actions which were wrong and uncalled for.