This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

See the Zimmerman case was all about Politics not about guilt or innocent

#1OrgeLambartPosted 7/10/2013 4:52:05 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/sanford-bill-lee-exclusive/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

see according to Bill Lee the former police chief the case only got brought to trial to placate politicians rather than having enough evidence to actually charge Zimmerman, I wonder when he's found innocent if he'll be able to sue the city for violating his rights and bringing the case to trial for political reasons and not for reasons of guilt or innocence?

Also read the comments section for a good idea of how out of touch some people are with the reality of the case.
#2Brett8Posted 7/10/2013 4:55:51 PM
Yeah, any time an unarmed kid gets shot by a stalker, the shoulder shrug is the best legal response.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Brettyb16
#3OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 4:59:07 PM(edited)
Lets not pretend Martin was some 11 year old kid, he was 17 years old. secondly, no evidence existed to go against Zimmerman which explains why he wasn't charged.

Which is why this case has blown up in the prosecutions face thus far during trial. The only way the prosecution can save face is if the Jury doesn't want to be seen as racist and vote guilty. Other wise this was a complete and utter waste of everyone's time.

Also you need to have some evidence to support the charges, which this case totally and utterly lacks, at most they should have charged him with Manslaughter, even that would have been a major stretch in this case.
#4Caer_DeathPosted 7/10/2013 5:08:17 PM
Dead body with a bullet wound.

Guy with a gun.

No evidence. Nothing the police should be interested in. No reason courts should be involved. No evidence. (insert joke about a chameleon)
---
SuperInfinity45: "I endorse violence against the government"
261-politics/66691907#13 <--context
#5mystic belmontPosted 7/10/2013 5:26:28 PM
SPD has a history of racial badness.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#6Bond_543Posted 7/10/2013 5:27:11 PM
Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."

figures. remember when this board was up in arms mad that zimmerman wasnt arrested or charged right away? they were part of this public lynch mob tyranny,
---
"Being liberal today doesn't pertain to freedom.They have misappropriated the term. It means being liberal with someone elses money." -Milton Friedman
#7Nitro378Posted 7/10/2013 5:29:36 PM
I still can't believe Zimmerman wasn't even detained until the cops could figure out what happened. It's a complete outrage, if I was a black man in America I would be mad as ****.
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015 --- (Zombie) FDR/Sanders 2016
If you want friends in Washington, get a lobbyist - me
#8k debonairPosted 7/10/2013 5:45:22 PM
I still can't believe Zimmerman wasn't even detained until the cops could figure out what happened.

Do you really want this to happen? Simply let the cops just arrest people until they figure out what happened?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#9fudrickPosted 7/10/2013 5:49:54 PM
Nitro378 posted...
I still can't believe Zimmerman wasn't even detained until the cops could figure out what happened. It's a complete outrage, if I was a black man in America I would be mad as ****.

I honestly don't think it was due to Trayvon's race, not entirely anyway; the Florida statutes are worded in such a way that they're kind of supposed to do the opposite of what you said here
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#10Nitro378Posted 7/10/2013 5:51:07 PM
k debonair posted...
I still can't believe Zimmerman wasn't even detained until the cops could figure out what happened.

Do you really want this to happen? Simply let the cops just arrest people until they figure out what happened?

If the person in question shot and killed an unarmed man in the street... ****ing yes?
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015 --- (Zombie) FDR/Sanders 2016
If you want friends in Washington, get a lobbyist - me