This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I still don't know why gays consider President Obama an ally.

#131Monolith1676Posted 7/17/2013 5:01:48 AM
Troll is such an over used word. How about "one who does not agree"?
---
XBOX Live GT: For Blood
Gears of War 1 Assassination Legend
#132PerrydiusPosted 7/17/2013 5:09:19 AM(edited)
Monolith1676 posted...

Don't agree with what? You haven't made clear your opinion on the topic of this thread.

By the way, if you read through this thread you'd see that I'm not an Obama-bot who thinks he can do no wrong. Are you an anti-Obama-bot who thinks he can do no right?
#133BobGeorgePosted 7/17/2013 5:07:42 AM
Monolith1676 posted...

In fairness to Perrydius, I don't think he is so cold-hearted about the awful economy Obama gave us that he truly wishes we'd just "let it go." He is just trying to get under my skin because he is sour about the outcome of Zimmerman trial.

Cut him some slack. :)
---
"You said my heart's just like an open book but there are lines you've never seen."
#134PerrydiusPosted 7/17/2013 5:14:09 AM(edited)
BobGeorge posted...
Monolith1676 posted...

In fairness to Perrydius, I don't think he is so cold-hearted about the awful economy Obama gave us that he truly wishes we'd just "let it go." He is just trying to get under my skin because he is sour about the outcome of Zimmerman trial.

Cut him some slack. :)

Partially correct. I don't think any one person is responsible for the economic climate. And I'm glad you saw what I was doing with the "Let it go" schtick. I've made it clear in this thread that I don't think Obama is some sort of Optimus Prime of American Presidents. However, I still strongly disagree with the OP's statement and assessment of Obama in regards to homosexuals.
#135PerrydiusPosted 7/17/2013 5:12:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#136Monolith1676Posted 7/17/2013 5:26:06 AM
I have no opinion on the guy really.
---
XBOX Live GT: For Blood
Gears of War 1 Assassination Legend
#137NegiSpringf1eldPosted 7/17/2013 7:40:44 AM
lasthero
Don't throw stones.

He won't listen. He hasn't proven why we should ignore the democrats and side with the Republicans.

I blame Paul of Tharsis. Horrible bastard, he was.
---
"Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
I'm looking forward to the next Pokemon movie." ~ Team Rocket Elite
#138C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 10:21:19 AM
lasthero posted...
C_Mat, the other day I stumbled on an old topic of your about the boy scouts. In it, you spent the entire time saying that anyone who would trust their boy with a homosexual scout leader wasn't fit to be a parent. It didn't matter how much evidence people showed you on how flawed your reasoning was, or how people gave examples of how silly it was - you just stuck to your position in the face of all evidence. In fact, in the entire time I've known you, I haven't seen you admit to being wrong about anything, ever. I'm especially reminded of the time you seemed to think Mitochondrial Eve was the same thing as the Biblical Eve, and trumpeted it as a point for yourself...until I pointed out that it wasn't what you thought it was, at which point you suddenly cared significantly less about it.

Don't throw stones.

Go ahead and admit you were wrong whenever you're ready.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#139C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 10:23:38 AM
Perrydius posted...
My hypothetical was simplified because it was not meant to be a metaphor for Obama. It was simply meant to show you that you can be a allied with someone with whom you have had a contentious history.

I will admit, you have helped me understand why gay people consider Obama their ally in this topic. I'm just trying to see how it makes sense without them all being incredibly gullible, and it has not clicked for me yet.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#140lastheroPosted 7/17/2013 10:30:22 AM
C_Mat posted...
lasthero posted...
C_Mat, the other day I stumbled on an old topic of your about the boy scouts. In it, you spent the entire time saying that anyone who would trust their boy with a homosexual scout leader wasn't fit to be a parent. It didn't matter how much evidence people showed you on how flawed your reasoning was, or how people gave examples of how silly it was - you just stuck to your position in the face of all evidence. In fact, in the entire time I've known you, I haven't seen you admit to being wrong about anything, ever. I'm especially reminded of the time you seemed to think Mitochondrial Eve was the same thing as the Biblical Eve, and trumpeted it as a point for yourself...until I pointed out that it wasn't what you thought it was, at which point you suddenly cared significantly less about it.

Don't throw stones.

Go ahead and admit you were wrong whenever you're ready.

I will as soon as you do.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]