This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I still don't know why gays consider President Obama an ally.

#141itcheynessPosted 7/17/2013 11:19:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#142JimayoPosted 7/17/2013 2:12:49 PM
Monolith1676 posted...
Troll is such an over used word. How about "one who does not agree"?

I believe the troll terminology you are looking for is "user of differing opinion".

I prefer to cut through the bulls*** and just call you and your buddies what you are. Trolls.
---
261 - More troll food per square inch than any other board on the net.
#143C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 2:29:11 PM
lasthero posted...
I will as soon as you do.

I don't even remember what I said in the topic you pulled up, nor have you said what I was even wrong about. I must say, it's pretty sad that you will go look up something totally unrelated to this topic from a long time ago to avoid admitting your own mistake. It is actually the most pathetic attempt to avoid an admission of defeat that I've ever seen on these boards.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#144PerrydiusPosted 7/17/2013 8:17:12 PM
C_Mat posted...
Perrydius posted...
My hypothetical was simplified because it was not meant to be a metaphor for Obama. It was simply meant to show you that you can be a allied with someone with whom you have had a contentious history.

I will admit, you have helped me understand why gay people consider Obama their ally in this topic. I'm just trying to see how it makes sense without them all being incredibly gullible, and it has not clicked for me yet.

For me, it is very easy to explain why I'm not gullible. Think about what I have gained, as a gay person, under an Obama presidency. As I explained to you before, my life as a gay person (my partner included) has changed significantly within the past few years. If no progress was made at all for gay people under an Obama presidency, then your point about gullibility would be valid. This is not the case, however.
#145lastheroPosted 7/17/2013 10:09:46 PM(edited)
I must say, it's pretty sad that you will go look up something totally unrelated to this topic

The definition of certainty doesn't have anything to do with the topic, either, so you hinging the progress of the debate on whether I admit to something related to it makes no sense. You being right or wrong about the definition does not actually make your argument any more or less solid - your accusation of coercion is still based on not a lick of objective evidence and pure supposition, and even if you are certain, certainty without evidence is worthless.

It's a petty little excuse not to continue, and the only reason you even care is because you want your ego felated. I, like most people, don't take well to people demanding I do something, especially something that serves no other purpose than to give someone an ego boost.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#146C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 8:15:40 AM
Perrydius posted...
For me, it is very easy to explain why I'm not gullible. Think about what I have gained, as a gay person, under an Obama presidency. As I explained to you before, my life as a gay person (my partner included) has changed significantly within the past few years. If no progress was made at all for gay people under an Obama presidency, then your point about gullibility would be valid. This is not the case, however.

The frog also thought he was making a lot of progress on the scorpion's back.

If you don't feel like continuing the conversation, that is alright with me. I think we've learned all we're going to get out of each other.

lasthero posted...
The definition of certainty doesn't have anything to do with the topic, either, so you hinging the progress of the debate on whether I admit to something related to it makes no sense. You being right or wrong about the definition does not actually make your argument any more or less solid - your accusation of coercion is still based on not a lick of objective evidence and pure supposition, and even if you are certain, certainty without evidence is worthless.

It's a petty little excuse not to continue, and the only reason you even care is because you want your ego felated. I, like most people, don't take well to people demanding I do something, especially something that serves no other purpose than to give someone an ego boost.

As I already said, it's unrelated but it exposes a pretty significant character flaw on your part, and you still haven't given me a single reason to debate someone who won't admit when they've been proven wrong.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#147Heineken14Posted 7/18/2013 8:45:03 AM
C_Mat posted...

You have yet to answer anyone's question of "if the only 2 options are a ride on the back of a scorpion that may come with some hurting but will ultimately get you to your destination or being thrown into a pit of fire, which would be your closest ally."
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
#148CruithearPosted 7/18/2013 8:48:56 AM
Jimayo posted...
You should guys should feed the troll for another 100 pages.

---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj7opwKDIF1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg
#149biohazard1775Posted 7/18/2013 8:50:11 AM
Heineken14 posted...
C_Mat posted...

You have yet to answer anyone's question of "if the only 2 options are a ride on the back of a scorpion that may come with some hurting but will ultimately get you to your destination or being thrown into a pit of fire, which would be your closest ally."

Because answering it would mean he can't continue his trolling.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#150Heineken14Posted 7/18/2013 8:56:25 AM
biohazard1775 posted...
Heineken14 posted...
C_Mat posted...

Because answering it would mean he can't continue his trolling.

No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.