This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I still don't know why gays consider President Obama an ally.

#151PerrydiusPosted 7/18/2013 2:41:38 PM
C_Mat posted...

The frog also thought he was making a lot of progress on the scorpion's back.

Heineken14 posted...

You have yet to answer anyone's question of "if the only 2 options are a ride on the back of a scorpion that may come with some hurting but will ultimately get you to your destination or being thrown into a pit of fire, which would be your closest ally."
#152C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 2:57:31 PM
^Who says you have to choose either?
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#153PerrydiusPosted 7/19/2013 5:15:54 PM
Because those are the two parties which carry enough weight to actually be elected?
#154C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 9:22:03 PM
In the last election, I couldn't bring myself to vote for either candidate because I couldn't trust either one. I don't think there's any shame in holding out for someone better. I would be more ashamed of helping elect someone immoral and/or who saw me as a vote instead of a person.
---
#155lastheroPosted 7/19/2013 9:28:00 PM
As I already said, it's unrelated but it exposes a pretty significant character flaw on your part, and you still haven't given me a single reason to debate someone who won't admit when they've been proven wrong.

So,it changes absolutely nothing about the argument, but it's a major factor on whether you'll move on, because you just can't talk to someone with a significant character flaw. Even though you're just fine talking to me in another forum on another topic.

Right.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#156MasterSplinterWPosted 7/22/2013 2:43:48 AM
NoName999 posted...
I still don't know why ANYONE consider the GOP an ally.

Some people actually have ideals and things they just think are right, not just what will benefit them the most. That's why. I think a lot more Republicans can actually make this statement than liberals.
---
On the 261, just remember that you aren't allowed to make a single assertion, assumption, or declaration without stats, studies, and followup to said studies.
#157MasterSplinterWPosted 7/22/2013 2:58:24 AM
Perrydius posted...
Politicians say things that garner them the most votes at any particular point in time? Thank you for exposing this new revelation.

Mr. Romney sure utilized that flip-flopping technique quite excessively. Too bad it actually worked against him.

As for the gays: isn't it obvious why they would consider Obama an ally? Look at the things that have changed during his administration (not to say that his administration is responsible for all the changes) and the general support that the administration has been expressing for said changes. Whereas many prominent Republicans are either stuck in some kind of Biblical la-la land or simply don't like gays because of the "ick factor".

The biggest supporter of gay rights is the passage of time. Sure, some individual or group is going to take credit for it once these folks have actually attained legal equality, but in reality, we just need all the old people to die off, and then it will happen.
---
On the 261, just remember that you aren't allowed to make a single assertion, assumption, or declaration without stats, studies, and followup to said studies.
#158the final bahamutPosted 7/22/2013 2:59:18 AM
C_Mat posted...
In the last election, I couldn't bring myself to vote for either candidate because I couldn't trust either one. I don't think there's any shame in holding out for someone better. I would be more ashamed of helping elect someone immoral and/or who saw me as a vote instead of a person.

Hint, any politician who gets elected sees you as a vote. That's how they get in office. Secondly, sure you can "hold out for someone better" but that just means you waste your opportunity to vote. You don't get two votes in the next election because you "held out" like a Christian on prom-night. What really happens is that a vote that could have gone to the lesser of two evils instead go to waste.
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.
#159C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 11:26:49 AM
the final bahamut posted...
Hint, any politician who gets elected sees you as a vote. That's how they get in office. Secondly, sure you can "hold out for someone better" but that just means you waste your opportunity to vote. You don't get two votes in the next election because you "held out" like a Christian on prom-night. What really happens is that a vote that could have gone to the lesser of two evils instead go to waste.

Voting for someone I don't want as president seems like an even bigger waste. And I didn't say that I didn't vote at all, I meant that I didn't vote for either of the two major presidential candidates.
---
#160Smelly_GaragePosted 7/22/2013 5:00:56 PM
TaiIs82 posted...
As Noam Chomsky put it, Obama has no moral compass. He says whatever the teleprompter tells him to say that day and follows the money. I'd call that true greed...just like every sellout Republican who took the Bloomberg campaign bribe in my state.

Is Tails quoting Noam Chomsky?
---
Oh.