This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama considering ending NSA wiretaps.

#1goatthiefPosted 7/15/2013 12:13:58 PM
http://rt.com/usa/nsa-surveillance-wyden-snowden-021/
In the wake of NSA leaker Edward Snowden’s recent revelations, the Obama administration may be willing to backtrack on some of its more notorious surveillance policies, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) told reporters.

The long-time member of the Senate Intelligence Committee said Thursday that privacy and civil liberties advocates could be on the verge of “making a comeback” due to the blowback caused by recent leaked national security documents.

Speaking to the New York Times this week on the effect leaked documents attributed to former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden have had on the United States, Sen. Wyden said he imagines the White House is willing to reconsider the current surveillance policies in place that have sparked widespread protest and criticism in recent weeks.

Snowden, a 30-year-old former employee of NSA contractor Booz Allen Hamilton, has been leaking classified documents to the media detailing how the US government under President George W. Bush, then Barack Obama, has collected the phone and Internet communications and relevant records pertaining to millions of Americans on a daily basis.

President Obama and members of his cabinet have stood by the spy programs, but Sen. Wyden told the Times that the response in the weeks since the leaks began could be a turning point in the war against privacy.

---
Number of goats grabbed: 102
Number of alpacas grabbed: 1
#2Jason_BeastbellPosted 7/15/2013 12:16:26 PM
PRAISE OBAMA
---
Cleveland Clowns (19-0)
Lebron Who? CHAMPbell Fever Infects dah Heartland
#3AngryJackalPosted 7/15/2013 12:18:55 PM
Inaccurate topic title, goat. This is based on Wyden's feelings and imagination.

As much as I'd like it to be true, he thinks they might dial it back but he has no proof and has heard nothing from them.
---
It is better to be despised by the despicable than admired by the admirable.
#4mizukage2Posted 7/15/2013 12:21:19 PM
AngryJackal posted...
Inaccurate topic title, goat. This is based on Wyden's feelings and imagination.

As much as I'd like it to be true, he thinks they might dial it back but he has no proof and has heard nothing from them.

---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh