This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About Zimmerman's statement that Trayvon attacked him from behind...

#1MegatokyoEdPosted 7/17/2013 4:06:21 PM
I can't believe a bigger deal hasn't been made out of the fact that this apparently would lead us to believe Trayvon decided to jump someone WHILE TALKING ON THE PHONE.

How was a bigger deal not made out of this? We know for a fact from the phone record that Trayvon was still on the phone with Rachel Jeantel when the interaction started.
---
Demyx is better than Axel.
http://www.last.fm/user/crazydom
#2wally(Moderator)Posted 7/17/2013 4:38:01 PM
Zimmerman was a big fat stinking liar, and basically everything he said about the whole incident was either a lie, or a different lie to change the story from a previous lie.
---
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight
#3GrrManPosted 7/17/2013 4:41:34 PM
Jesus Christ Wally

Just because he's a bit on the fatass side doesn't necessarily mean he smells bad
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#4uncgiamPosted 7/17/2013 5:13:21 PM
People are still shocked at the fact that Zimmerman lied? wow
---
Not changing this sig until Stat and Melo hold the NBA Title high in the sky
#5BobGeorgePosted 7/18/2013 3:18:47 AM
wally posted...
Zimmerman was a big fat stinking liar, and basically everything he said about the whole incident was either a lie, or a different lie to change the story from a previous lie.

Let it go. You lost. Move on already.
---
"You said my heart's just like an open book but there are lines you've never seen."
#6wallyPosted 7/18/2013 3:48:12 AM
"I" didn't lose. The state of Florida lost. But beyond that, I do understand the verdict reached in this case, but also recognize that pretty much everything that George Zimmerman said was either a confirmed lie, an impossible situation based on Trayvon Martin being half-superhero, half-70's action movie star, or a more realistic lie to set the record straight after a previous lie.
---
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight
#7IvynnPosted 7/18/2013 4:05:35 AM
BobGeorge posted...
wally posted...

That's the saddest part. This case was turned into another conservative vs liberal partisan war when it shouldn't have been. Everyone saw themselves on a "team" and turned it into a competition.

Is the media to blame? Or is that just human nature? I dunno, man.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vDci4hD.gif
http://i.imgur.com/8dAGaI6.jpg http://i.imgur.com/V4MiI17.jpg
#8BobGeorgePosted 7/18/2013 4:11:41 AM
Ivynn posted...
BobGeorge posted...
wally posted...

That's the saddest part. This case was turned into another conservative vs liberal partisan war when it shouldn't have been. Everyone saw themselves on a "team" and turned it into a competition.

I never looked at it as conservative vs liberal. I saw it as logic vs emotion.

The logical people waited for the facts, assessed them and then formed an opinion (the same opinion the jury came to).

The emotional people ignored the facts, latched onto falsehoods early on ("Zimmerman is a racist!") and have been allowing their hatred to block their ability to reason ever since.
---
"You said my heart's just like an open book but there are lines you've never seen."
#9JohnnyTHM1212Posted 7/18/2013 4:15:48 AM
BobGeorge posted...
Ivynn posted...
BobGeorge posted...
wally posted...

I never looked at it as conservative vs liberal. I saw it as logic vs emotion.

The logical people waited for the facts, assessed them and then formed an opinion (the same opinion the jury came to).

The emotional people ignored the facts, latched onto falsehoods early on ("Zimmerman is a racist!") and have been allowing their hatred to block their ability to reason ever since.

You must be from some alternate realty where people weren't immediately jumping to Zimmerman's defense with unfounded certainty of Trayvon mugging him. There must be some portal opening to this board.
---
He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth
His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak
#10Superlnfinity45Posted 7/18/2013 5:36:53 AM
The only single piece of evidence Zimmerman has that there was even a fight are those "lacerations".

Makes you wonder: could Zimmerman have self-inflicted them to avoid spending half his life in prison?
---
He who understands baboon would do more towards metaphysics than Locke. - Charles Darwin