This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About Zimmerman's statement that Trayvon attacked him from behind...

#21NeotheLightPosted 7/18/2013 9:38:10 AM
In the video reenactment, Martin did ask Zimmerman what the problem was. Zimmerman denied there was a problem.

How the hell was he attacked from behind if Martin announced his presence prior to punching Zimmerman?
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
#22uncgiamPosted 7/18/2013 10:05:58 AM
NeotheLight posted...
In the video reenactment, Martin did ask Zimmerman what the problem was. Zimmerman denied there was a problem.

How the hell was he attacked from behind if Martin announced his presence prior to punching Zimmerman?

exactly
---
Not changing this sig until Stat and Melo hold the NBA Title high in the sky
#23Minotaur333Posted 7/18/2013 10:05:59 AM
When did he say he was attacked from behind. He said that Martin came out of the bushes when he was walking back to his SUV and asked him if he had a problem. When Zimmerman reached for his cell phone he was punched and fell to the ground.

In fact his exact words on the interview the night of the attack indicates this and a subsequent interview later on he says the exact same thing.

“The dispatcher told me ‘Where are you?’ and I said ‘I am trying to find out where he went,’ and he said, ‘We don’t need you to do that,’ and I said ‘OK,’ ” Zimmerman told the investigator.

Zimmerman then started to head back to his car, he said, but never got there.

“(Martin) jumped out from the bushes, and he said, ‘What the (expletive) is your problem, homie?’ And I got my cell phone out to call 911 this time, and I said, ‘I don’t have a problem.’ And he goes, ‘Now you have a problem,’ and he punched me in the nose,” Zimmerman told the investigator.

Read more: http://fox59.com/2013/07/01/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-attacked-me/#ixzz2ZQBGAvWD

The day after the incident, he walked authorities through what happened and he recanted the exact, same, story. The officer that went through this with him said he was telling the truth. He received no indication or sign that GZ was lying.
---
Michigan's only Denard Robinson hater.
#24bigbug1992Posted 7/18/2013 10:09:31 AM
Minotaur333 posted...
When did he say he was attacked from behind. He said that Martin came out of the bushes when he was walking back to his SUV and asked him if he had a problem. When Zimmerman reached for his cell phone he was punched and fell to the ground.

In fact his exact words on the interview the night of the attack indicates this and a subsequent interview later on he says the exact same thing.

“The dispatcher told me ‘Where are you?’ and I said ‘I am trying to find out where he went,’ and he said, ‘We don’t need you to do that,’ and I said ‘OK,’ ” Zimmerman told the investigator.

“(Martin) jumped out from the bushes, and he said, ‘What the (expletive) is your problem, homie?’ And I got my cell phone out to call 911 this time, and I said, ‘I don’t have a problem.’ And he goes, ‘Now you have a problem,’ and he punched me in the nose,” Zimmerman told the investigator.

Read more: http://fox59.com/2013/07/01/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-attacked-me/#ixzz2ZQBGAvWD

The day after the incident, he walked authorities through what happened and he recanted the exact, same, story. The officer that went through this with him said he was telling the truth. He received no indication or sign that GZ was lying.

Hold on. The derps are going to scream about how you "cayunt truss da pohleece"
---
What I if told you...
You just read that wrong
#25LightSnakePosted 7/18/2013 10:15:44 AM
bigbug1992 posted...
Minotaur333 posted...

Parody of stereotypical 'black' dialogue. Right.

The prosecution already walked through Zimmerman's lies in the closing statements. Not enough to convict him, but the fact the man lied his ass off is pretty acknowledged at this juncture.

Of course, given you believe a black teen whose prior sins include "smoking weed and maybe a few fights at school" turned feral and straight up decided to murder a man, and slammed his head on the pavement multiple times despite miniscule injuries...
---
"An Emperor should die on his feet." -Titus Flavius Vespasianus.
#26Minotaur333Posted 7/18/2013 10:18:02 AM
LightSnake posted...
bigbug1992 posted...
Minotaur333 posted...

The prosecution already walked through Zimmerman's lies in the closing statements. Not enough to convict him, but the fact the man lied his ass off is pretty acknowledged at this juncture.

Of course, given you believe a black teen whose prior sins include "smoking weed and maybe a few fights at school" turned feral and straight up decided to murder a man, and slammed his head on the pavement multiple times despite miniscule injuries...

Examples? There were some inconsistencies that the police pointed out several times is completely normal. But, hey if you want to point out these multitude of lies, please clarify.
---
Michigan's only Denard Robinson hater.
#27bigbug1992Posted 7/18/2013 10:22:56 AM
Which lies? The one where he came from the bushes or that he came from the darkness? Because there were bushes and it was dark. Martin could have came toward him from anywhere.LightSnake posted...
bigbug1992 posted...
Minotaur333 posted...

Which lies did the prosecution go over, as far as I remember, the prosecutor was just begging the jury to convict because they didn't have a case.

And I believe Zimmerman's story that Martin approached him at his car, Zim pulled out his phone, at Martin, thinking he was calling the cops, attacked him.

Not that he "turned feral" or any of this bulls***
---
What I if told you...
You just read that wrong
#28LightSnakePosted 7/18/2013 10:28:02 AM
Ah, so Martin attacked him and then tried to murder him? The kid whose previous crimes had been "fights at school" and "smoking weed" just outright went feral and tried to kill someone for no rational reason?

Nevermind the "I was slammed 25-30 times in the face with my head smashed on the pavement" stuff.
---
"An Emperor should die on his feet." -Titus Flavius Vespasianus.
#29MegatokyoEd(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 1:08:52 PM
bigbug1992 posted...
Which lies? The one where he came from the bushes or that he came from the darkness? Because there were bushes and it was dark. Martin could have came toward him from anywhere.LightSnake posted...
bigbug1992 posted...
Minotaur333 posted...

Which lies did the prosecution go over, as far as I remember, the prosecutor was just begging the jury to convict because they didn't have a case.

And I believe Zimmerman's story that Martin approached him at his car, Zim pulled out his phone, at Martin, thinking he was calling the cops, attacked him.

Not that he "turned feral" or any of this bulls***

If Zimmerman did reach for his cell phone, then how do we know Trayvon didn't attack him thinking Zimmerman was pulling out a gun?
---
Demyx is better than Axel.
http://www.last.fm/user/crazydom
#30DG1upPosted 7/18/2013 1:38:53 PM
I seriously dont understand why anybody believes Zimmerman's story when the car and the place where Trayvon's body was found were around 20 feet away IIRC. Did Trayvon carry Zimmerman all the way to the area where he got shot at?

That "came from the bushes" story is complete BS IMO, there had to be a chase between Zimmerman and Trayvon of some kind or else Trayvon's body would've been found near Zimmerman's car.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.