This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

McDonald's helpful suggestions to their employees on how to survive on min wage:

#31Valnor50Posted 7/18/2013 10:33:35 AM
Darklit_Anguish posted...
Here's a thought - if you're older than 18, don't work at f***ing mcdonalds

Yes, lets ignore the problem because only certain people matter.
#32kozlo100Posted 7/18/2013 10:47:32 AM
Genesis Dragon posted...
If we combine this with means of reducing cost of living or at least keeping it static (which is a good idea on its own right, I'm certainly not arguing that we should do nothing on that front), that will probably help lift a solid number of people over the poverty line. And maybe it would also lead to a reduction in need for government assistance, which would mean less debt and less tax burden. It would probably also help with upward mobility. I can envision loads of practical benefits.

I'm curious as to what your ideas on this front are. That seems like a difficult thing to accomplish, but if done in a reasonable way could be extremely helpful.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#33Superlnfinity45Posted 7/18/2013 10:50:54 AM
If you're over 25 and a male don't work at McDonalds or any similar retail position (certain positions may be a lot different, especially clothes shops). Females take to such positions better. I nearly always sense a bitter testosterone about to spill over from non-kid males working in those positions. It's demeaning and you are wasting your time and your life.
---
He who understands baboon would do more towards metaphysics than Locke. - Charles Darwin
#34Genesis DragonPosted 7/18/2013 10:53:13 AM
kozlo100 posted...
I'm curious as to what your ideas on this front are. That seems like a difficult thing to accomplish, but if done in a reasonable way could be extremely helpful.

I'll need some time to formulate specific ideas on this. No doubt it's a major hurdle, but I'd like to be able to think of a few concrete steps that might be doable. I just need to do a little research first.
---
Politics is weird. And creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. -Shepard Smith
#35goatthiefPosted 7/18/2013 10:55:53 AM
Do you think that if Trayvon had went and bought some McDonalds, would Zimmerman have shot him to death?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/66703000/751036702
Date when I can steal goats again: July 13, 2014
#36Sativa_RosePosted 7/18/2013 11:24:15 AM
funkeepick posted...
Sativa_Rose posted...
Old as f*** and no one cares

America's poor are way better off than the vast majority of humanity

I love how people you use this logic are usually the same ones who turn around and say "Making 6-figures isn't really that much at all" when the discussion turns to raising taxes on the wealthy.

I am not responsible for what other people say.
---
Not changing my signature until Canadian citizen and marijuana legalization activist Marc Emery is released from U.S. federal prison.
#37Sativa_RosePosted 7/18/2013 11:25:48 AM(edited)
Genesis Dragon posted...
Fun fact: if minimum wage kept up with increases in productivity, it would be $21.72 right now.

Let that sink in for a moment. $21.72. Almost three times the current federal standard. That's how productive we've gotten. And we're seeing a small fraction of that.

I'm sure someone's going to try to justify this as fair. Good luck.

The reason for this is because some fields are producing a hell of a lot more than they could back in the '70s.

A McDonalds employee actually has even less economic value these days than they did back then, as it's more automated now
---
Not changing my signature until Canadian citizen and marijuana legalization activist Marc Emery is released from U.S. federal prison.
#38goatthiefPosted 7/18/2013 11:30:07 AM
^Honestly. I'm 100% for pot being made legal but it has no place in the workplace.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/66703000/751036702
Date when I can steal goats again: July 13, 2014
#39Sativa_RosePosted 7/18/2013 11:32:58 AM
goatthief posted...
^Honestly. I'm 100% for pot being made legal but it has no place in the workplace.

Wrong thread bro. We ain't talking about smoking joints behind the Mickey D's counter in here.
---
#40scythecamPosted 7/18/2013 11:37:29 AM
Sativa_Rose posted...
Genesis Dragon posted...
Fun fact: if minimum wage kept up with increases in productivity, it would be $21.72 right now.

Let that sink in for a moment. $21.72. Almost three times the current federal standard. That's how productive we've gotten. And we're seeing a small fraction of that.

I'm sure someone's going to try to justify this as fair. Good luck.

The reason for this is because some fields are producing a hell of a lot more than they could back in the '70s.

A McDonalds employee actually has even less economic value these days than they did back then, as it's more automated now

the automation adds to the productivity of the worker. it isnt independent.
---
28 goddamn seconds