This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

African American Vernacular English should be eradicated.

#131CaptainKOPosted 7/23/2013 2:27:10 PM
Kwancahi posted...
CaptainKO: Its ok to sound ignorant and uneducated if it is part of your culture.

The problem stems from how we are defining "makes you sound ignorant and uneducated" especially when "ignorant and uneducated" is being used by white people as code for "not sounding white".

---
http://captainko.deviantart.com/
#132Camelotking524Posted 7/23/2013 2:33:43 PM
CaptainKO posted...
Camelotking524 posted...
CaptainKO: Its ok to sound ignorant and uneducated if it is part of your culture.

Translation: I know you are, but what am I.

Stop being childish. You know you wouldn't go up to a group of people speaking in ebonics and say this because...

1) They would understand and give you nasty retort.

2) You would get your asskicked.

It's only on the internet were people are brave enough to say this stuff and normally what they say is always pure ignorance. I don't care about YOUR VIEWS on this matter. No one else cares about your views on this matter. It's the facts that matters. So rant all you want, but at the end of the day when you get off the computer and see a group talking ebonics, you're going to go out of your way to avoid them or hold your head down as an attempt to contact with them. You're going to have learn to face the fact you can't do anything about your situation and you'll be a racist emo for the rest of your life.

I must have made you really upset. I'm sorry about pointing out your racism, I'll discontinue that to preserve your feeling of tolerance.
---
"The War on Christmas starts earlier every year". - Miasthmatic
#133IamvegitoPosted 7/23/2013 2:35:26 PM
CaptainKO posted...
Kwancahi posted...

The problem stems from how we are defining "makes you sound ignorant and uneducated" especially when "ignorant and uneducated" is being used by white people as code for "not sounding white".

---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#134CaptainKOPosted 7/23/2013 2:44:22 PM
Camelotking524 posted...
I must have made you really upset.

Nope and that's how I talk to most people who act childish and can't deal with the real world. I find it both sad and funny when people like you start doing the "I know you are, but what am I tactics."

I'm sorry about pointing out your racism, I'll discontinue that to preserve your feeling of tolerance.

Except you're the one telling everyone how you perceive someone else's language as ignorant and uneducated, knowing full well you wouldn't say this in real life. We call guys like you internet tough guys. You talk a lot of crap, but can't do anything about it. Like I said earlier, it's both sad and funny.

If you don't like how everyone is jumping down your throat, then don't troll or say ignorant things you can't either do anything about or can't back up. If you wish to troll, we (as everyone you are in opposition) with can always repay you back in kindly. I can do this all day, everyday with you. I got no problem spanking you as I am Slim. Like Slim, you're just emo kids looking for attention.
---
#135Camelotking524Posted 7/23/2013 2:47:01 PM
CaptainKO posted...
Camelotking524 posted...
I must have made you really upset.

Nope and that's how I talk to most people who act childish and can't deal with the real world. I find it both sad and funny when people like you start doing the "I know you are, but what am I tactics."

I'm sorry about pointing out your racism, I'll discontinue that to preserve your feeling of tolerance.

Except you're the one telling everyone how you perceive someone else's language as ignorant and uneducated, knowing full well you wouldn't say this in real life. We call guys like you internet tough guys. You talk a lot of crap, but can't do anything about it. Like I said earlier, it's both sad and funny.

If you don't like how everyone is jumping down your throat, then don't troll or say ignorant things you can't either do anything about or can't back up. If you wish to troll, we (as everyone you are in opposition) with can always repay you back in kindly. I can do this all day, everyday with you. I got no problem spanking you as I am Slim. Like Slim, you're just emo kids looking for attention.

Yeah, I am starting to feel real bad about hurting your feelings. Would a bro hug make us friends again?
---
"The War on Christmas starts earlier every year". - Miasthmatic
#136Slim_CTAS(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 2:47:46 PM(edited)

Its almost as if you're calling people who have given up speaking in "AAVE" race traitors. Fancy that.

Well, I think we've discovered where this pushback about sounding intelligent is all coming from. In a shocking twist, its coming from racism.

---
http://freeblago.forumotion.com/f1-the-blago-lounge
The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
#137IamvegitoPosted 7/23/2013 2:48:33 PM
Slim_CTAS posted...

Its almost as if you're calling people who have given up speaking in "AAVE" race traitors. Fancy that.

Well, I think we've discovered where this pushback about sounding intelligent is all coming from. In a shocking twist, its coming from racism.

This is a nonsensical post.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#138Thewinner14Posted 7/23/2013 2:53:12 PM
Only read through the first 4 pages so in case I'm not the first to point this out my apologies

Languages do this. The language we are speaking is a vulgar language. Its derived not only from proper English, but before that from Low German/Dutch which branched off from proper High German. There's also plenty of languages that evolved, not from proper Latin, but vulgar Latin.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#139CaptainKOPosted 7/23/2013 2:58:43 PM
Camelotking524 posted...
Yeah, I am starting...

Why are you projecting?
---
#140CaptainKOPosted 7/23/2013 2:59:07 PM
Iamvegito posted...
Slim_CTAS posted...

This is a nonsensical post.

---