This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We need to unite and take a stand for Syria's right to gas their people

#1AtralisPosted 8/29/2013 10:46:46 PM
I love liberals. I can't wait to see the protests.
---
~ IN THE FUTURE there will be no black people and white people. Just robots.
#2Zora_PrincePosted 8/29/2013 10:52:37 PM
None. Of. Our. Business.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#3goatthiefPosted 8/29/2013 10:54:09 PM
...think about the goats!
---
Am I a goat that thieves, or a pilferer of goats? You may never know.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
#4MasterSplinterWPosted 8/29/2013 10:59:33 PM
I'm tired of US forces being everywhere in the world. We should offer aid to our allies (allied by government treaties) when they request it, and never otherwise.
---
ARR, Diabolos: Ryan Zilla, Tank
#5CharliesixPosted 8/29/2013 11:05:11 PM
Off topic but, I tire of the "gassing your own people" canard. It's a civil war. One's "people" are the people who are on your side, not the enemy's. I would like to see Assad removed from power, even if that means a majority Islamist government takes over, but still, I don't think it's reasonable to claim that Assad is killing his own "people."

The Middle East is so full of nations that are post-colonial hodge podges of wildly different ethnic/religious groups that the whole concept of a national people is pretty questionable in a lot of these nations.

Many Middle Eastern national identities are held together by duct tape, basically.
#6goatthiefPosted 8/29/2013 11:06:48 PM
But what about the goats?
---
Am I a goat that thieves, or a pilferer of goats? You may never know.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
#7Atralis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 11:16:09 PM
MasterSplinterW posted...
I'm tired of US forces being everywhere in the world. We should offer aid to our allies (allied by government treaties) when they request it, and never otherwise.

I agree but I also find watching liberals try and react to all this incredibly amusing. They make massive shifts every other day from being bleeding hearts to being stone cold "foreign people dying.... Not our problem" cynics like the rest of us.
---
~ IN THE FUTURE there will be no black people and white people. Just robots.
#8McSame_as_BushPosted 8/29/2013 11:18:58 PM
My opinion on this has changed. If it is possible to take out chemical weapon plants without inadvertently releasing all that s*** into the environment, I say go for it. War is obviously horrible, but using things like Sarin is trolling. Yes, torture will still occur, but mass executions of people by horrible means deserves action. Shoot someone in the head if you have to, but don't make them s*** and throw up at the same time while seizuring.
---
I like the flavor of your hair
#9McSame_as_BushPosted 8/29/2013 11:22:26 PM
Atralis posted...
MasterSplinterW posted...

I agree but I also find watching liberals try and react to all this incredibly amusing. They make massive shifts every other day from being bleeding hearts to being stone cold "foreign people dying.... Not our problem" cynics like the rest of us.

By liberals do you mean liberals/conservatives? Guarantee if Romney was president, something would have already happened, and 90% of conservatives would approve. Liberals don't even begin to compare when it comes to "supporting your guy."
---
I like the flavor of your hair
#10WhiskeyDiskPosted 8/29/2013 11:39:43 PM
this conflict is not our problem because even once the dust settles, none of the factions involved are our allies.

why is it that nations only have the right to choose their own destiny as long as we agree with their choices?
---
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/MrWhiskeyDisk/MWD_sig_002.png
http://s1.zetaboards.com/sba/ ........lol, Mods!