This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the USA chickened out from attacking Syria?

#1U_MED_BRAPosted 9/2/2013 5:42:47 PM
I was in a cave for past few days with no internet. What happened exactly? No more intervention for the USA or any other country?

Discuss.
---
I stole your goats and then I took an arrow to the knee!!!
#2Yawn_Master2Posted 9/2/2013 5:46:08 PM
Obama has the authority to act, but he's put the issue to congress. Representatives will hear from their constituents, lay their arguments in a debate, and then the war will be put up for a vote.
---
'i disagree with your opinion but i would fight to the death for my right to kill you for it' or something - Nitro738
#3Jayjs20Posted 9/2/2013 5:49:51 PM
Given that 9% of the public wants intervention in Syria, I'm pretty sure the US government will do what's right and bomb Syria anyways.
---
http://www.satirealley.com/images/Anime/53451511511.gif
#4fire810Posted 9/2/2013 6:27:46 PM
so it's goes from "you warmongers" to "chickened out"

make up your mind, rest of the world
#5mudelledgePosted 9/2/2013 6:30:44 PM
Chickening out?

I hope you are in the military sir...

It's called being smart.

If Obama goes in, that just proves what a dumb **** he is along with his hell bent monopolizing war mongers. In that, he doesn't give a **** about our nation.
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#6Jayjs20Posted 9/2/2013 7:03:18 PM
He's a post-citizen's united politician holding high office. Of course he doesn't care about the nation.
---
http://www.satirealley.com/images/Anime/53451511511.gif
#7Yawn_Master2Posted 9/2/2013 7:08:59 PM
Asserting that Obama does not care about the nation is one of the most inherently non-productive ways to engage our political climate. Resorting to taken for granted talking points is just as destructive as the forces you claim to be up against.
---
'i disagree with your opinion but i would fight to the death for my right to kill you for it' or something - Nitro738
#8Black_ArchPosted 9/2/2013 8:42:03 PM
Yes the USA chickened out, and I'm glad. **** Syria, some craphole half a world away with all its people that'll hate us anyway regardless of what we do. No more US adventurism please.
---
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Give me Liberty, or give me Death! - Patrick Henry
#9mizukage2Posted 9/2/2013 10:59:12 PM
Black_Arch posted...
Yes the USA chickened out, and I'm glad. **** Syria, some craphole half a world away with all its people that'll hate us anyway regardless of what we do. No more US adventurism please.

Not even mentioning the fact that, historically, US intervention in internal matters hasn't gone well. I am reasonably certain more people died in the Iraq war and following occupation then Saddam Hussein and his cronies ever killed.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#10CountPopeulaPosted 9/2/2013 11:17:31 PM
Yawn_Master2 posted...
Obama has the authority to act, but he's put the issue to congress. Representatives will hear from their constituents, lay their arguments in a debate, and then the war will be put up for a vote.

Obama doesn't actually have the authority to act without congress unless there's a national emergency caused by an attack on the United States. Check the War Powers Resolution of 1973.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire