This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama care programmers saw many red flags.

#41ARandomKidPosted 10/22/2013 11:44:44 PM
Now whenever goatthief posts a news blurb, we will all be scrutinizing it.

and while we do so, he's using those precious seconds of distraction to steal our goats
---
Someone threw up my cat's wang bomb! - IceMage20
#42RufusNKenRSTierPosted 10/23/2013 6:46:52 AM
kozlo100 posted...
I get that this is a bad thing, and they should've handled it better, but as a software engineer myself, I can only think: "Every launch ever"

Maybe you guys shouldn't be so universally terrible, then ;)?

It seems like, even with effectively infinite amounts of money, you guys can't do anything right.

How hard is it to program something that won't randomly delete data? Just keep the data, and don't delete it. You don't have to account for hard drive failures or whatever (although backups would be nice), just DON'T DELETE DATA AT RANDOM.

That's it.

Nope, can't do it.

Also, can't fix it over a period of weeks, not even with direct access to the source code (and the experience of having created that gobbledegook).
---
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#43mystic belmontPosted 10/23/2013 8:56:47 AM
Blame the private sector for the horrible website design.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican] 3DS FC: 5429-7297-4842
#44GoldicePosted 10/23/2013 11:40:34 AM
kozlo100 posted...
Magus1947 posted...
Oh for pete's sake, this again?
The government didn't make the website or run it. Private businesses built the website. The government put robots on Mars.

I think you miss my point. I don't give two ****s if the government has any decent programmers or web designers. They lead a project to build a thing that we needed and that project got screwed up. We are not surprised that it got screwed up. This leads either the notion that we should find other ways to do the things we need to do that we expect it to be bad at, or fix the government so we at least think it's able to successfully do the things we need done.

The fact that the government is middling to good at putting robots on Mars doesn't change that.

In my defense, I'm not surprised that the launch of a gigantic web app or the rollout of a new product that will be used by millions is initially screwed up, no matter who is doing the roll out.

There's a good sum of disasterous launches from the private sector as well. Launches affected by constantly shifting requirements, unclear requirements, management expecting unrealistic deadlines, poor budgeting, feature creep, etc.

So I'm not entirely sure who we d turn to.
---
2012-2013 New England Patriots: 10-3
#45GogoatThiefPosted 10/23/2013 1:26:45 PM
*steals your gogoats.*
---
Currently playing: Skyrim
#46SaikyoStylePosted 10/23/2013 1:37:35 PM
They saw all those red flags, yet could not see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
---
Orlando City/USA Soccer
The north remembers.
#47drunkenmoronPosted 10/23/2013 11:02:51 PM
The government plan to fix this is to do a programmer surge so they can go hunt for the mythical man month
---
All my passwords are " ' or '1'='1' --" and all my new account usernames are going to be "1; DROP TABLE 'users' --"
#48goatthief(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 7:59:21 AM
up
---
Currently playing: Skyrim
#49llamathiefPosted 10/26/2013 9:19:52 AM
*Steals your llamas*
---
Am I a llama that thieves, or a pilferer of llamas? You may never know.
#50WhiskeyDiskPosted 10/26/2013 11:48:38 AM
good lord, am i going to have to keep all of my livestock under lock and key?

won't somebody PLEASE think of the chickens!?!?!?
---
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/MrWhiskeyDisk/MWD_sig.png
http://s1.zetaboards.com/sba/ ........lol, Mods!