This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama has improved our image and standing in the world

#1AngryJackalPosted 10/24/2013 6:07:54 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24647602

But new allegations of US eavesdropping on Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel may also be discussed.

Germany has summoned the US ambassador in Berlin to explain, after claims arose in the German media that her mobile phone calls had been bugged.

France's President Francois Hollande is pressing for the issue to be put on the summit agenda, following reports that millions of French calls have been monitored.

The veteran French EU Commissioner Michel Barnier told the BBC that "enough is enough", and confidence in the US had been shaken.

Thanks, Obama.
---
Privilege Status: Checked
#2OldFrenchDragonPosted 10/24/2013 6:37:24 AM
Barack Obama isn't the sole culprit here .

8 years of Bush jr didn't help either . : /
---
Proferer des jurons toutes les 2 secondes ne vous rend pas "cool" ša vous rend juste grossier
#3GeneralFringsPosted 10/24/2013 6:41:15 AM
While lots of Bush's problems overflowed onto Obama's plate, I never understood blaming him for the Obama administration's foreign relations. They're completely independent.

One thing I have to say about Bush though, most heads of states loved the guy personally.
---
How deep is too deep?
#4Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/24/2013 7:19:13 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
While lots of Bush's problems overflowed onto Obama's plate, I never understood blaming him for the Obama administration's foreign relations. They're completely independent.

One thing I have to say about Bush though, most heads of states loved the guy personally.

That's because Bush is a genuinely good guy. Not a great president but I'd love to catch a ball game with the guy, if his Rangers could make the playoffs, that is...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#5TaiIs82Posted 10/24/2013 3:42:13 PM
How many allies does Obama plan to lose?
---
Hero/Legend of 261. Lover of life, free speech, etc.
Providing trickle-down knowledge since 2009
#6themastahPosted 10/24/2013 4:00:16 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
GeneralFrings posted...

That's because Bush is a genuinely good guy. Not a great president but I'd love to catch a ball game with the guy, if his Rangers could make the playoffs, that is...

Fun guy =/= good guy
---
A wild blog has appeared!
http://thedeepindigo.wordpress.com - A new blog about M:TG and other games: this one has updates!
#7TrevorkkhoPosted 10/24/2013 5:01:56 PM(edited)
If you think spying problem starts from Obama era, you must be really naive.

Chances are it started way long ago, probably even before Bush. Information is power, just don't get caught.
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#8King_of_BurmaPosted 10/24/2013 4:45:03 PM
let the world laugh at obummer.

they still fear our glorious military might, despite how timid our weak leader is
---
I still hate Communists, even after they changed their name to Liberals.
#9_Upgrayedd_Posted 10/24/2013 5:20:32 PM
Does this mean no more Nobel Peace prizes for Obama?
---
Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
#10PolskihammerPosted 10/24/2013 6:02:57 PM
Spying is alright as long as we have a cool and hip president like obummer.
---
= |