This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone watching Blackfish on CNN?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Anyone watching Blackfish on CNN?
2 years ago#1
Or seen it previously? What are your views on things like zoos or aquariums?

I personally feel that they should be outlawed. I just don't think it is ethically right to confine an animal (or fish) to something that would essentially be like us being put into a jail cell.
---
3DS Friend Code; 4656-6609-7490
2 years ago#2
I got depressed listening to the sad sounds those Orcas were making. :(
---
Mr Raspberry jam #2 fan
XBL: AdmiralAdama420
2 years ago#3
Not all zoos and aquariums are terrible places. Many of them are playing a critical role in breeding and keeping endangered species alive in addition to their educational merits.

Yes, many of them are terrible, and I have no doubt that there's plenty for CNN to focus on, but don't latch onto those examples and start hating on all zoos.
---
Will the little voice in the back of my mind screaming "This is a bad idea" please yield the floor. --Mikey
Chivalry be hanged, and so will you.
2 years ago#4
I guess I should say thought that there is definitely a difference between wildlife conservation and profiteering. I know many zoos do engage in some form of conservation, but the stuff Seaworld does with having the animals do tricks? Nah. That isn't conservation.
---
3DS Friend Code; 4656-6609-7490
2 years ago#5
Pet shops and pet farms are worse.
---
Sleep and Dreams FAQ:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/284-sleep-and-dreams/44956530
2 years ago#6
gekishinken posted...
I guess I should say thought that there is definitely a difference between wildlife conservation and profiteering. I know many zoos do engage in some form of conservation, but the stuff Seaworld does with having the animals do tricks? Nah. That isn't conservation.

I agree with this.
2 years ago#7
I'm cringing at the damage these trainers are receiving from the Orcas.
---
Mr Raspberry jam #2 fan
XBL: AdmiralAdama420
2 years ago#8
Are you guys watching the CNN debate on the film? The guy in the cowboy hat is so obnoxious.
---
Not changing my signature until Canadian citizen and marijuana legalization activist Marc Emery is released from U.S. federal prison.
2 years ago#9
Brynden Tully?

PS: a fish is a kind of animal.
---
I mock your value system. You also appear foolish in the eyes of others. {WoT}, Emeritus
2 years ago#10
JIC X posted...
Brynden Tully?

PS: a fish is a kind of animal.

I don't know.

Also, the joke is that whales aren't even fish.
---
Not changing my signature until Canadian citizen and marijuana legalization activist Marc Emery is released from U.S. federal prison.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Anyone watching Blackfish on CNN?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived