This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ice storm about to hit the South. Where's your global warming now?

#1tasadar24Posted 2/11/2014 5:28:44 PM
Checkmate atheists.

http://tinyurl.com/lp3wb5b
---
"What kind of dumbass runs from the cops and returns to the scene of the crime a minute later" -asked of a forumite
#2LiquefyPosted 2/11/2014 5:32:11 PM
Don't be ignorant. One ice storm says NOTHING about the still-increasing amounts of carbon dioxide entering the earth's atmosphere.
#3TrevorkkhoPosted 2/11/2014 5:40:04 PM
What is this has to do with religion? :o

and you do understand ice/snow are the result of two weather patterns hitting each other, one with high humility. the other with extreme cold blast. I wonder where all the water comes from?
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#4NeoSamuelPosted 2/11/2014 5:49:08 PM
Another ignorant poster. Global warming or climate change works in both directions of the extreme. Colder winters and hotter summers. Not a hard concept to understand.
---
May all sins be remembered. No one is clean, but remember so long as the past can be learned from, it is not in vain. Learn and understand from all.
#5sorldierm1979Posted 2/11/2014 5:51:13 PM
tasadar24 posted...
Checkmate atheists.

http://tinyurl.com/lp3wb5b

Logic Fail....... HARD!

.... And it's impossible to checkmate an atheist.... they aren't even playing your silly game of imaginary checkers 0_o
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/soldierm1979
Do you even PlayStation?
#6HabefietPosted 2/11/2014 6:05:34 PM
Can someone in the South with a realistic perspective please describe how bad it really is

Minnesotan here. I understand that many non-Northern states don't really have the equipment to deal with heavy winter weather because it usually isn't a concern for them, and similarly most drivers aren't used to the weather so it's more of a big issue and etc. etc... but maaaaan. Last night on the news they were showing clips of kids sleeping in schools and the governor declaring a state of emergency and such while also showing clips of traffic backed up with literally no snow or ice on the roads with a mild snow happening.

Was that just bad coverage?
#7NoSite4OldCEmenPosted 2/11/2014 6:15:45 PM
TC you hit the nail on the head and now the rest of the dominoes are falling like a house of cards. Checkmate.
---
The Internet is a Series of Tubes
#8Magus1947Posted 2/11/2014 6:35:32 PM
This topic has a Poe's Law thing going on. I can't tell if OP is being serious or not. The "Checkmate atheists" would indicate it's not serious. On the other, we get plenty of this topic from other posters who are serious. He linked to Slate for crying out loud, host to Phil Plait's column. Here's another article linked to from the same page that he provided.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/02/11/global_warming_still_blowing_along.html
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#9Magus1947Posted 2/11/2014 6:39:28 PM
Habefiet posted...
Can someone in the South with a realistic perspective please describe how bad it really is

Minnesotan here. I understand that many non-Northern states don't really have the equipment to deal with heavy winter weather because it usually isn't a concern for them, and similarly most drivers aren't used to the weather so it's more of a big issue and etc. etc... but maaaaan. Last night on the news they were showing clips of kids sleeping in schools and the governor declaring a state of emergency and such while also showing clips of traffic backed up with literally no snow or ice on the roads with a mild snow happening.

This weekend I went for a long walk outside in shorts and a t-shirt. Today was a high of 81 Fahrenheit. I have to turn the A/C on at night. I can't tell you how bad the snow is because where I am it's still ridiculously hot out.
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#10mizukage2Posted 2/11/2014 6:42:06 PM
Habefiet posted...

Mmm, it really isn't that bad relatively speaking (at least not where I live anyway). People just aren't used to dealing with it so it makes them freak out.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh