This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To the BLM naysayers, can I ask you a question?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. To the BLM naysayers, can I ask you a question?

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
1 week ago#301
It depends on how you're defining the term. I disagree with the collectivist perspective from which it's typically used. That doesn't mean I believe that no one has ever gained an advantage from being white or a disadvantage from being non-white.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: Orca

Orca
1 week ago#302
fudrick posted...
I disagree with the collectivist perspective from which it's typically used

Because you're a white supremacist.
A satirical take on Australian and World events;
http://theunaustralian.net/

fudrick
1 week ago#303
White supremacy is a collectivist mindset as well, so that response wouldn't make sense even if I were one.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: zeppelin4ever42

zeppelin4ever42
1 week ago#304
fudrick posted...
zeppelin4ever42 posted...
Ok, let's talk about individuals then. It is still easier for Joe Shmoe to get hired and they will make more money for the same job and they are less likely to be harassed by cops to or from work.

You're still taking trends among large groups and applying them to individuals...

Ok, now I'm starting to grasp why you don't understand the basic concept, and without a background in statistics or physics it might be difficult to understand

From a collective view, white people have an easier time applying for a job and get paid more for the same work and are less likely to be frisked

To look at an individual's history, they might have not done well. However, they are better off in our society because they are white. Do you see the difference? What changes between scenarios of different white individuals, be they rich or poor, is how much white privilege each was born into.

To put it simply, any individual white or black person may be born into wealth or poverty, but even the poorest white person has the benefit of white privilege. It is not that any white person is born into wealth (which is what a whole lot of republicans think, even though it has very little to do with white privilege) it is that society is slightly racist and we exist within it. In this way we evaluate an individual within a larger system
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me

User Info: zeppelin4ever42

zeppelin4ever42
1 week ago#305
fudrick posted...
White supremacy is a collectivist mindset as well, so that response wouldn't make sense even if I were one.

A lot of white supremacists deny collectivism as one of their base talking points, saying stuff like "White Priviledge?!???!? I was born horrifically poor, where was my white privilege check? I guess not all whites are privileged, therefore white privilege doesn't exist" In fact, the more I think about it, the more it's apparent you're parroting white nationalist talking points
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me

Orca
1 week ago#306
fudrick posted...

The same way people say "keep your government hands off my medicaid".

A lot of white supremacists deny collectivism

In fact, individualism/libertarianism is a huge component of white supremacy.

fudrick
1 week ago#307
Individualism is white supremacy now. You guys are seriously deranged.
Best FCs:

Orca
1 week ago#308
fudrick posted...
Individualism is white supremacy now.

Uh, that's the alt-right's whole schtick.

fudrick
1 week ago#309
Orca posted...
fudrick posted...
Individualism is white supremacy now.

Uh, that's the alt-right's whole schtick.

I'm not exactly familiar with their s***. Please do try to explain how treating individuals as individuals instead of just parts of collectives is white supremacist, without sounding like you think white people are superior to others.
Best FCs:

fudrick
1 week ago#310
Also, zeppelin, since you're again trying to smear me with similar accusations, do you intend to return to the leftists/islam thread to attempt to substantiate the bulls*** you spewed there?
Best FCs:
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. To the BLM naysayers, can I ask you a question?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived