This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Unoffical Religion Board FAQ (Please Read before Posting)

#61TK_925Posted 7/24/2006 1:19:57 PMmessage detail
http://www.catholic.com/library/sr_chick_tracts_p5.asp

Own.
---
Sony's target market: People who don't know how to responsibly spend money.
69% of people see sexual innuendo everywhere.
#62AtmaDavePosted 7/25/2006 4:24:56 AMmessage detail
I wonder if he has said any of what he is accused of. The accusers are not following their own policy of backing up what they have to say.

Yes, actually, he's said everything he's accused of. You can look at his site and see exactly what he's said, because most if not all of his tracts are posted there to read for free. Jack Chick is just as loony as he's made out to be by us GameFAQs hatemongers, if not more so.

Sheesh, next you'll be telling us that there's no real evidence Fred Phelps hates gay people.
---
Frank Sinatra saved my life one time. His goons were stomping me in the parking lot of the Sands, and he said, "That's enough, boys."
#63WyldcardPosted 7/25/2006 3:47:47 PMmessage detail
So as far as I can tell from that link (evidence provided) it is an internal theological discussion between two different denominations of Christianity. He says you are wrong, you say he is wrong. Again, the rules set down seem to exclude this kind of partisan bickering.
---
Have you read the news on http://www.familyfriendlygaming.com?
#64BashyMcFetusPosted 7/25/2006 5:05:52 PMmessage detail
I knew I did'nt want to hear the answer to that question. I just knew it.
---
There has not been a Sith Lord since Darth Lincoln, who was taken out by Jedi Master Booth.~sidewinder9188
#65TK_925Posted 7/25/2006 5:22:33 PMmessage detail
So as far as I can tell from that link (evidence provided) it is an internal theological discussion between two different denominations of Christianity. He says you are wrong, you say he is wrong. Again, the rules set down seem to exclude this kind of partisan bickering.

No, it's a well-needed debunking of the ridiculous rumors that he spreads.
---
#66Mr B10nd3Posted 7/25/2006 6:29:19 PMmessage detail
So as far as I can tell from that link (evidence provided) it is an internal theological discussion between two different denominations of Christianity.

Yes, most especially the ongoing theological debate over WHETHER THE VATICAN IS ACTUALLY COMPILING THE NAMES OF ALL PROTESTANTS INTO THEIR SUPER-COMPUTERS.

The prosecution rests, j00r 1337|\|355.
---
[Papal Crusaders][Evil Republicans] If you read this get on trill
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/Actionmanhopeyourehappy/papal.gif
#67TK_925Posted 7/25/2006 6:40:10 PMmessage detail
0|\/|G \/4TIC4N SOOP3R-C0|\/|PUT3RS R T3H 1337!!!!!
---
#68AtmaDavePosted 7/26/2006 4:40:04 AMmessage detail
I wonder if he has said any of what he is accused of. The accusers are not following their own policy of backing up what they have to say.

Jack Chick is a loony who doesn't realize the difference between "Jack Chick thinking something" and "God thinking something".

Wikipedia: Most Chick tracts end with a suggested prayer for the reader to pray to accept Christ. In most of these tracts it is a standard evangelical Christian prayer for salvation. However, in the tracts dealing with Catholicism or Islam, the prayer begins "Dear God, thank You for showing me what You think of Catholicism." or "...of Islam."

I was going to put each and every claim in a post here with a link to the relevant Chick tract, however, Wiki has already done this for me. Please note that the footnotes on most of those claims refer you DIRECTLY to the relevant tracts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_by_Chick_Publications

Game, set, and match. Let us never speak of Jack Chick again.
---
Frank Sinatra saved my life one time. His goons were stomping me in the parking lot of the Sands, and he said, "That's enough, boys."
#69SecularThreatPosted 8/2/2006 1:42:32 AMmessage detail
The type of bashing that Jack Chick commonly employs in his cartoons reminds exactly of what the Catholic Church did to heathens back in the good ol' age of chivalry.

The main difference, well, it was the Church who was able to back up their claims with violence and coercion.

---
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. - Russell
#70ElementMage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2006 7:42:10 AMmessage detail
Not really. Trying reading Eusebius of Caesarea.

See, unlike Jack Chick, the early Church was elegant in its slander.

It wasn't so much a "YOUR WORSHIPPING FALSE GODS" as a "Christ, the fount of hope, by his death and resurrection has paid the ransom for the sins of all men His Church has taken up his charge to convert those who worship false gods who cannot see and who cannot hear."

If you really think they're similar, start a topic.

---
[Papal Crusaders]{Hierophant of the Theotokos}
The earth is revealed by natural reason, God by divine faith