This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think the May 21st Rapture could happen.

#1VikenXPosted 4/20/2011 9:05:55 AM
I was reading the information on the wecanknow.com website, and at first, I thought that it was all just craziness. I mean, I read the Left Behind books, and I thought that they were correct by showing a literal interpretation of Revelations. So when this wecanknow site was saying stuff like we are in the Tribulation right now, and Satan is ruling in the churches, I was VERY skeptical.

However, I didn't want to dismiss it outright and say "Whatever, I'll just believe what I am going to believe." I asked the Holy Spirit for guidance, and have been studying the claims made on the site for myself. I have come to the conclusion that Harold Camping and the people proclaiming the May 21st Rapture are holding to the "Post-Millenialism" view of end times events.

Basically, there are four main theories of how the end-times can go down:

1. Dispensational Pre-Millenialism
2. Historical Pre-Millenialism
3. Post-Millenialism
4. Amillenialism

(Here is a link to where I found this information: http://executableoutlines.com/end/end_01.htm). It will show you more detailed information about the four theories.

To me, the May 21st Rapture and it's reasoning are following the 3rd theory, Post-Millenialism, because it isn't just showing a literal view of Revelation, but also a symbolic view. It's really hard to say how we should interpret the Bible, because sometimes it will literally say something (Jesus died and three days later rose from the dead) and sometimes it will give us a symbolism, like a parable (If you have a friend with a speck in his eye, don't try to help him until you can get the log out of your own eye first.) Obviously, you aren't going to have a log in your eye, it's talking about a sin problem. Likewise, this view of Revelation isn't all literal, but parts of it are and parts of it are symbolic.

TL;DR: I think that we shouldn't dismiss this claim of the Rapture happening on May 21st completely outright. This particular theory of how the world will end has been around longer than the view that is most popular now, the literal Dispensational Pre-Millenialism.

I urge you guys to go to the link and study for yourselves the different theories, and come to your own conclusions. Maybe some of you will change your minds, like I have. I think one thing we can all agree on is that Jesus is coming back soon. We should continue to work hard and be ready for his return.

Thank you for your time.

-VikenX
---
Just tell Peach you couldn't save her because you were on the mushrooms. She'll understand.
Mario: My Anti-Drug
#2thaer_dudePosted 4/20/2011 9:23:38 AM
It won't happen
---
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first.. invent the universe" -Carl Sagan
#3Hustle KongPosted 4/20/2011 9:30:37 AM
thaer_dude posted...
It won't happen

This.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#4TheRealJiraiyaPosted 4/20/2011 9:49:03 AM
The third view is silly and blatantly contradicts scriptural predictions of the Antichrist.

Its hard to get up the energy to argue with a viewpoint that will cease in a month, though :\
---
"If a man does not know to what port he is sailing, no wind is favorable" -Seneca
#5WhereDidItGoPosted 4/20/2011 10:15:27 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Its hard to get up the energy to argue with a viewpoint that will cease in a month, though :\

I agree. This late in the game, best just to nod along and wait out the buzzer.
---
"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching. "
St. Francis of Assisi
#6actarusPosted 4/20/2011 10:58:41 AM(edited)
I urge you guys to go to the link and study for yourselves the different theories, and come to your own conclusions. Maybe some of you will change your minds, like I have. I think one thing we can all agree on is that Jesus is coming back soon. We should continue to work hard and be ready for his return.

Thank you for your time.

Rapture has no Biblical support but Petra(Jordan) does.
Petra is in Jordan; the only free country (Daniel 11:41)
It is in de desert/wilderness (Revelation 12:14)
The Place is prepared (they are busy to rebuild the city)
It is by the mountains and the Jews in Jerusalem must have a chance to escape(Mark 13:14)
Moses made a water source
Petra is located in Bozrah (sheepfold)
http://carm.org/is-peter-the-rock

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/263-religion/58839680
http://www.cogwriter.com/place.htm
http://www.spiritandtruth.org/teaching/Book_of_Revelation/commentary/htm/03120601.htm
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#7CIA911Posted 4/20/2011 11:59:08 AM
Rapture has no Biblical support

Why do people think this ? Do they have a new version of the Bible or something ?
---
May 21, 2011 Judgement Day. 31 Days Left. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
#8actarusPosted 4/20/2011 12:06:42 PM
CIA911 posted...
Rapture has no Biblical support

Why do people think this ? Do they have a new version of the Bible or something ?

Let this be perfectly clear, there are two groups of God's people mentioned in Revelation 12--one which goes to a place of safety and one which does not. It states:

But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ (vv. 14-17).

The above shows that the church (symbolized by a woman) has to "fly into the wilderness to her place". Being in heaven with Jesus is not the same as being in any wilderness--hence this is not some type of "rapture" as many Protestants believe in. Also notice that the church "is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent." Hence, this is how Jesus is intending to keep His Philadelphia Church "from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world" (3:10).

Notice also that since a flood of water is used to try to destroy the church, but is helped by the earth, that the church is NOT in heaven, but on the earth

And this
http://www.cogwriter.com/rapture.htm
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#9littledragonmanPosted 4/20/2011 12:26:05 PM
So what exactly is gonna happen on Rapture day? Can someone post a detailed explanation?

I can post you what we know (Or "believe") so far. And everything I say is supported by things from the Bible, at least one interpretation. Let's assume they do for a second have other interpretations, just to not piss everyone off, these are the interpretations we get from the ones we "think" are talking about the Rapture.

At 6 PM (Or around there) On May 21st on the International Date Line (The Line Islands I believe), the Rapture and Judgement Day will start. There will be an earthquake, such as never seen before, that will make the one in Japan look like a tremor. The news will likely mention something about this, so on May 20th, at night time, I'd keep an eye on CNN or something. The earthquake will start from the Line Islands, since they are the furthest time zone ahead, all of those who are meant to be Raptured, or are saved, will get their perfect bodies, and rise up to Heaven to be with God. The ones who are not going to be saved will be left there. Then, hour by hour as other places hit 6 PM (Or around there), the same thing will happen to them. Eventually, after a full 24/25 hour cycle, the Judgement and Rapture will be complete.

When the Rapture/Judgement Day is complete, the people left behind will live in torment on Earth for 5 months, or 153 days. This "torment" is described as like the sting of a scorpion, however it will likely include more earthquakes, tsunami's, power outages everywhere, people going on killing sprees, committing suicide, engaging in cannibalism to stay alive, etc. Then, on October 21st, God will destroy the universe with Fire. Those people who die, will not go to a "Lake of "Fire" to burn for eternity, they will simply die, that is, to cease to exist.

I'd describe what it will be like in Heaven except we don't know, because we can't comprehend it.

And that's what we know at the moment.

(This is what they believe)

So those who sinned just cease to exist. So much for that bible and it's hell thing eh?
---
Boston Bruins: 0-2: Playoffs!?!?!: FIRE CLAUDE!
Colorado Rockies: 12-2 HOT HOT HOT!: 1st in NL West
#10OrangeWizardPosted 4/20/2011 1:02:09 PM(edited)

If by "new" you mean "In plain English", then yes.

and it's hell thing eh?

What hell thing?
There never was a hell thing in the bible.
---
No one posts like Gaston!