This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think the May 21st Rapture could happen.

#371QuentinBlackkPosted 5/27/2011 9:23:38 AM
piehead678 posted...
CIA I really hope you don't fall for the Oct 21st thing. I fell like you are starting to like the idea. You told me yourself that if he did something like this you wouldn't believe him. He's just backpedaling. Every doomsayer does this.

Sure he didn't change the date, but he did change what he originally said and this time he doesn't have any verse, math, or excuse left. The bible says he's a false prophet. It does not support what he's saying now. He has nothing left. His word means nothing.

Keep your belief in the Bible and in God, but ignore Camping.

If I may add something to this.
When I heard about this rapture thing and all the people believing the hype and all that, I knew that there would be some disenfranchised believers. A lot of people put a bunch of stock in someone who decided to pull some weird dates outta the air ended up wrong the first time. And when he was wrong, he decided to make an excuse for something he shouldn't have done in the first place: trying to figure out a divine plan. Now we have 3 groups of Christians in relation to this debacle. Those who still fervently believe what Camping said, those who didn't believe (Camping) in the first place, and those now confused and wants to know that the hell happened.

It's easy to believe in something that someone says. Especially if you think the person saying it is of God and knows what he's talking about. It can be made all the more convincing when someone picks verses to support their claim and it seems like an air tight claim. However, I think that instead of blind faith and believing whatever someone says about some things, look into it yourself. If you see enough evidence for yourself in either way, go with that which is right, you know. Do your due diligence and find out what's what.

Keep the faith man.

(i think that made sense)
---
I have come to the conclusion that if two wrongs don't make a right, you might as well try three.
http://i48.tinypic.com/nbwzgg.jpg
#372Otacon2009Posted 5/27/2011 9:57:40 AM
The great thing about it being 2011 and all is that it's now impossible to say something like the world is gonna end at this date, then later deny saying that. With advances in the internet and the autonomy of it, I wonder if Camping will use the "out of context" defence to explain why the world didn't end on October 21.
#373Golden MavenPosted 5/27/2011 10:19:22 AM(edited)
Camping apologizing, setting new day and claiming May 21st was a "spiritual" rapture -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx8UgjyV8UI

Just listen to the guy speak, look how nervous he is. How anyone can just throw in with this guy is baffling.
---
Watch out for Michelle, Jessica. Oh yes.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/378/easynow.jpg
#374Wandering__HeroPosted 5/27/2011 10:21:33 AM
The BIBLE says a dated rapture won't happen, why the heck would you follow these idiots?
---
This site gives 1.1 cups of food for each click a day. Please click it
http://www.thehungersite.com
#375AceAwesome96Posted 5/27/2011 12:29:53 PM
Wandering__Hero posted...
The BIBLE says a dated rapture won't happen, why the heck would you follow these idiots?

That's what I've been saying!
---
---
Congratulations! You've wasted about ten seconds of your life reading this signature!
#376squareandrarePosted 5/27/2011 12:33:51 PM
It's easy to believe in something that someone says. Especially if you think the person saying it is of God and knows what he's talking about. It can be made all the more convincing when someone picks verses to support their claim and it seems like an air tight claim. However, I think that instead of blind faith and believing whatever someone says about some things, look into it yourself. If you see enough evidence for yourself in either way, go with that which is right, you know. Do your due diligence and find out what's what.

If they bothered to do that, they wouldn't be religious at all.
---
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman
#377AceAwesome96Posted 5/27/2011 12:36:23 PM
squareandrare posted...
However, I think that instead of blind faith and believing whatever someone says about some things, look into it yourself. If you see enough evidence for yourself in either way, go with that which is right, you know. Do your due diligence and find out what's what.

If they bothered to do that, they wouldn't be religious at all.

Ha. Ha. >_>
---
---
Congratulations! You've wasted about ten seconds of your life reading this signature!
#378squareandrarePosted 5/27/2011 12:40:10 PM
If you can show me this evidence that would convince a rational, objective person that Christianity is true, then I'll take the statement back.
---
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman
#379AceAwesome96Posted 5/27/2011 12:51:33 PM
squareandrare posted...
If you can show me this evidence that would convince a rational, objective person that Christianity is true, then I'll take the statement back.

Which one?
You made quite a few of them.
---
---
#380squareandrarePosted 5/27/2011 3:17:50 PM
Any statements I've made about Christianity being irrational or that there isn't any good reason to believe Christianity. That includes the quote that you just chuckled at.
---
-- Leon Lederman