This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If anyone still wonders why creationism is not taken seriously...

#101squareandrarePosted 5/29/2011 10:43:58 AM
My big mistake in this topic was assuming that you were arguing against me because you actually held the beliefs I was arguing against.
---
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman
#102mercuryinkPosted 5/29/2011 11:01:13 AM
You don't know the accepted definition of "theistic evolution," which was one of the basic premises of my argument. There, I demonstrated it.

The point being that removing "humans as the end goal" does not fundamentally change the process. Especially when you can quite clearly see that humans were not the ultimate act of creation, even within the Bible.

I'm sure you're used to get (sic) artificial respect, even from atheists.
Huh? I'm used to sentences that make sense, from atheists and theists alike.

All holidays to celebrate something completely made-up. There are actual veterans to be celebrated for Veteran's Day, for example.

Entirely opinion, and a wrong one at that. Things can be gained from the celebration of events that everyone admits were made up, like "Destruction of the Ring Day", which commemorates, yes, the defeat of Sauron. Or even talk like a Pirate day, which celebrates a brand of piracy that existed only in fiction. And to my knowledge, NOTHING of value has ever come from the celebration of Cinco de Mayo, at least not outside Puebla, where the battle took place.

And I won't even get to the archaeological evidence showing that, yes, the Hebrews almost certainly spent time in Egypt.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#103mercuryinkPosted 5/29/2011 2:21:48 PM
My big mistake in this topic was assuming that you were arguing against me because you actually held the beliefs I was arguing against.

Because all religion is stupid and pointless, obviously.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#104squareandrarePosted 5/30/2011 8:48:21 AM
And I won't even get to the archaeological evidence showing that, yes, the Hebrews almost certainly spent time in Egypt.

Right. I'm sure you do have evidence that some Hebrews were in Egypt at some time. However, you don't have a shred of evidence that Jews were enslaved, that they built the pyramids, that there were plagues, or that there was any kind of mass Exodus.
---
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman
#105inferiorweaselPosted 5/31/2011 3:18:46 PM
Bard of DorAr posted...
Not getting into the core arguement here, the evidence is what it is, people will believe the truth or not.

But honestly, starting a topic JUST to compare it to the nut job doomsday cultist serves no helpful purpose to anyone. Was there a purpose to it other than attempting to start a fight?

no he wanted to create a troll topic. This is gamefaqs after all.
---
Live and Learn
Forgiveness is Divine.