This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

cia911 was a nice guy

#1TheRealJiraiyaPosted 5/22/2011 11:04:25 AM
lets not h8
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#2OrangeWizardPosted 5/22/2011 11:05:48 AM
Nice guys can be wrong too.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#3TheRealJiraiya(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2011 11:08:27 AM
They can be, but people have a tendency to be rude to nice guys who are wrong, and thats unnecessary, because they are nice guys.

Just wanted to put out a friendly reminder that, in pointing out his wrongness, we should show him the courtesy he has shown us in his time here, when he returns.
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#4TheRealJiraiya(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2011 11:09:15 AM
I mean, people are being kinda nasty about him in some of the other threads, and thats unnecessary.
---
#5ElderMisanthropyPosted 5/22/2011 11:10:08 AM
I don't really feel compelled to be nice to someone who holds the belief that I'm going to spend eternity suffering.
---
You're gonna eat my butt until your stomach is full of butt. Full of my butt, and full of Mac's butt
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4541/em5xp7qc.jpg
#6sthaterPosted 5/22/2011 11:12:02 AM
No offense jiraiya but I'll see a troll and you'll see the most ignorant guy on earth. You see an ignorant man unknowingly spreading falsehood and I see a man knowingly dealing in snake oil.
---
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666
#7TheRealJiraiya(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2011 11:13:03 AM
I don't really feel compelled to be nice to someone who holds the belief that I'm going to spend eternity suffering.

Holding a belief and holding a desire are two different things. I can think my hypothetical friend who drives when he drinks is going to crash and die, that doesnt mean I want it to happen, nor does it mean he should be rude to me.

To what extent can a person choose their beliefs? I dont think the extent is as great as we like to think. But no matter what he believes, he was nice to us, and I think kindness should be returned with kindness.
---
#8OrangeWizardPosted 5/22/2011 11:15:32 AM
And I'll see a man who needs to be told "I told yo so" and then left alone to get over his mistake and become a better person.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#9GuideToTheDarkPosted 5/22/2011 11:24:34 AM
If you make a ridiculous claim, prepare to be ridiculed.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
#10NsM ComatosisPosted 5/22/2011 11:25:29 AM
Being "nice" does not give you an excuse to spread dangerous nonsense. This is just another failed doomsday prediction to us, but to the people who were brainwashed to believe it, it had very real results. People sold their houses, stopped giving a **** about their children's future, etc. etc.

You don't get to say, "awww, let's go easy on this guy; he was nice," when what he said had profound effects on those who were gullible enough to believe it.
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter