This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

cia911 was a nice guy

#41xXxCroNoxXxPosted 5/26/2011 7:21:05 PM
Did anyone die as a result of this man? Did he push science back hundreds of years?

There's a Methodist family next door to me. They only kill people once a week or so, and they almost never push science back hundreds of years.
#42Heineken14Posted 5/26/2011 10:11:37 PM

Did anyone die as a result of this man?

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-palmdale-woman-attempted-murder,0,3939586.story

Close, but thankfully not... at least with that story. I'm sure SOME did kill themselves.
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic
#43AllCityKing98Posted 5/26/2011 10:51:00 PM
TheGeneralPublic
Posted 5/26/2011 4:09:43 PM
message detail
If you have irrational beliefs you are no different. Makes me mad how our completely irrational society considers this guy to be "crazy" when he is just another flavor of silly religion as them.

Other sill religions don't cause their followers to sell all their possessions and go into debt. Think before you speak.

All religions involve faith the primary problem with many things in the world today.

Think before you speak.
---
I believe man made God out of ignorance and fear. If God made man then why the hell would he put us here?
#44xXxCroNoxXxPosted 5/27/2011 12:07:50 AM
All religions involve faith the primary problem with many things in the world today.

Prove it, then. Or do you expect me to take it on faith?
#45AllCityKing98Posted 5/27/2011 8:51:15 AM
Prove that faith is one of the primary problems in the world?

Many atrocities have been committed because of faith in religious ideas...but this isn't even the end of it.

You have faith causing problems in other areas, mainly politics. People have faith in political parties that will continue to not help them.

Faith in ideas such as UFOs, Bigfoot and loch ness monster is much more harmless IMO...faith in politics and religion is the two worst areas for the world.

You want specific examples? Like the crusades and 9/11 and stuff? Faith in extraordinary claims is bad. Faith in mankind may be good, but religious faith is very dangerous.
---
I believe man made God out of ignorance and fear. If God made man then why the hell would he put us here?
#46OrangeWizardPosted 5/27/2011 12:45:15 PM
I've killed about a dozen people with my faith lightning.

Oh wait, that's force lightning.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#47xXxCroNoxXxPosted 5/27/2011 5:24:03 PM(edited)
You want specific examples? Like the crusades and 9/11 and stuff? Faith in extraordinary claims is bad. Faith in mankind may be good, but religious faith is very dangerous.

yes, I want specific examples where faith has actually directly caused the greatest atrocities in history rather than political, economic, social, or environmental issues.