This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Two questions to Christians.

#101OrangeWizardPosted 6/6/2011 3:15:45 PM
That's like saying

"I made this birdhouse myself"

cannot mean:

"I used tools to make this birdhouse"
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#102CIA911Posted 6/6/2011 4:46:39 PM
That's like saying

"I made this birdhouse myself"

cannot mean:

"I used tools to make this birdhouse"

No it's...really not. We aren't talking about a "tool" here...what you are talking about another entity, another god, another presence that contributed to the formation of the world. "Alone" and "By myself" denote that there was no other god that did...anything...and possibly weren't even present period.

Someone using a hammer and saying they built a birdhouse by themselves is correct.

Someone having another person use the hammer and then saying they built it themselves because they "told the other person what to do" or "used that person to do this job" is not correct.
---
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.
#103OrangeWizardPosted 6/6/2011 8:44:25 PM
CIA911 posted...

No it's...really not. We aren't talking about a "tool" here...what you are talking about another entity, another god, another presence that contributed to the formation of the world.

No I'm not. Seriously, see someone about that comprehension problem.

Jesus = the hammer, nails, wood, etc.
God = The person who built the treehouse out of wood, using the hammer and nails.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#104CIA911Posted 6/7/2011 11:06:47 AM
No I'm not. Seriously, see someone about that comprehension problem.

Jesus = the hammer, nails, wood, etc.
God = The person who built the treehouse out of wood, using the hammer and nails.

Smh.
---
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.