This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Poll, if you will

#11MasterGamer72(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2011 7:44:13 AM
Diranosaur posted...
Not very fond of Confucianism, especially not the hierarchic structure. Don't know anything about Daoism, but I'll read into it :)

I don't like the hierarchic structure either, but Daoism tends to do away with it and put humans more on an equal level with everything else. There are a couple sites that you can find on google or wikipedia if you have the time.

WhereDidItGo: Do you use this prayer as a sort of guideline on how to act in life?
---
Forget it. Let's just have secret butt fun instead.
#12WhereDidItGoPosted 5/27/2011 8:13:20 AM
I think the appeal of it to me isn't so much about how to act in life, but how to react to life. It is a reminder that my love for God is foremost to all that I do and what I get out of it is only secondary.
---
"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching. "
St. Francis of Assisi
#13MasterGamer72(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2011 9:13:54 AM
I understand. Life really is more about how you react to things more than what actually happens.
---
Forget it. Let's just have secret butt fun instead.
#14AzardeaPosted 5/27/2011 12:42:36 PM
AllCityKing98 posted...
When I believed in some higher power/god type being in my younger years I was doing alot more of the second. Things like praying certain stuff would happen and stuff like that...didn't really care about "serving" one faith.

As I grew up I came to understand the idea that a god would intervene like that is silly. I now fight religion, which I believe to be a bane upon society.

Agreed 100%.
---
^Post is up there^