This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are your beliefs and how did you get there?

#61chukie_suePosted 5/30/2011 5:40:31 AM
I was raised Christian by two former missionaries. Mom is a nurse, dad has some sort of degree is Theology. I never really got serious until a few years ago. I don't remember exactly what happened but that was a more difficult time in my life, and I guess I decided that I wanted to stop wasting time on things that are only temporary. Now I'm involved with several Charismatic church circles around the Detroit area and Kansas City Missouri.

I had a year or two of "searching" for God, asking Him to show me His presence. Unlike many people, however, I already believed He existed. So my thought pattern was something like "I believe you're there but it doesn't feel like it, please help." Eventually, my faith was thoroughly rewarded. You guys probably don't want to know what it was, so I'll leave it at that.
---
A mighty hand, an outstretched arm - You are the God who saves, Deliverer Your name.
#62WalrusGrandmaPosted 5/30/2011 5:11:09 PM
Please do tell us how your god showed himself to you!
#63LinkFanaticPosted 5/30/2011 10:12:15 PM
chukie_sue posted...
You guys probably don't want to know what it was, so I'll leave it at that.

If you would please... I'm genuinely curious. Anyone who knows me even remotely well understands that I don't knock anyone for their beliefs.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#64GuideToTheDarkPosted 5/30/2011 10:41:12 PM
I'm not making a claim or any statement beyond my own belief. I also don't agree with the statement "there definitely are no gods", as it's not demonstrably true.

Then you are of the position that everything that is not demonstrable or falsifiable is possible.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
#65LinkFanaticPosted 5/30/2011 11:09:30 PM
GuideToTheDark posted...
Then you are of the position that everything that is not demonstrable or falsifiable is possible.

Semantically, that's correct.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#66Two dollar shoePosted 5/31/2011 4:48:01 AM
Raised Lutheran. Rejected Sola Scriptura. Now Catholic.
---
Official Randy Orton Slappy